Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear quarter rust

AJM80

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vq
G’day guys first time poster here, but have owned Holden near on all my life. I was wondering if anyone in the know, would know if this is repairable (I’ll try and upload pics)? Are the rear quarter panels of Vq replaceable?
IMG_0910.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpeg
    IMG_0906.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0911.jpeg
    IMG_0911.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 89

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Rear quarters outer panels aren't replaceable as such =( quality panel beaters could cut/de spot-weld ) but huge job.

Is it repairable =yes !!!

Will it be worth it dollar wise ,only you can say!!!
Going off that 1st photo ( That's a big rust hole ), I'd be surprised if there's not more rust damage in boot floor , wheel arch and rear panel wells, e.g. = where inner/outer guards meet.
Will need out at least: rear window and trim , rear parcel shelf , rear seat , boot trims and seals , fuel tank and filler ( unless you want to risk blowing up welder/fabricator.

You'll not want an normal modern insurance panel beater and that's the challenge = find an actual metal worker /panel beater /fabricator !!!

AJM80

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vq
Rear quarters outer panels aren't replaceable as such =( quality panel beaters could cut/de spot-weld ) but huge job.

Is it repairable =yes !!!

Will it be worth it dollar wise ,only you can say!!!
Going off that 1st photo ( That's a big rust hole ), I'd be surprised if there's not more rust damage in boot floor , wheel arch and rear panel wells, e.g. = where inner/outer guards meet.
Will need out at least: rear window and trim , rear parcel shelf , rear seat , boot trims and seals , fuel tank and filler ( unless you want to risk blowing up welder/fabricator.

You'll not want a normal modern insurance panel beater and that's the challenge = find an actual metal worker /panel beater /fabricator !!!
Excellent, thank you kindly for the quick reply. I think it’s safe to say to walk away from this one.

Thanks again.