Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear seat removal

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
Hey all, I need to remove my back seat out of my VS Equipe to replace the LH seat belt assembly. I am having trouble getting the seat out; Is there a method to removing the seat or is it just a matter of sheer brute strength??

Thanks in advance, Cheers Rossco

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
brute strength dosn't replace brute strength, what you need to do is lift the bottom part of the rear seats enough to get your hand underneath it, then wiggle it forward, the bottom half will simply then come off...
then with the top half you'll need to unbolt the screws holding them in. these are located down the bottom there are 2 i believe...
once undone, lift from the bottom and they'll simply unhinge... to put back on do this in reverse...
nb. take your time mate
Good luck!

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
You need to push your hand through the middle of the seat (between top halve and bottom halve) and lift the bottom halve up, then wiggle it up and down left and right in different combinations and it will comeout (easier done then said :) )

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
You need to push your hand through the middle of the seat (between top halve and bottom halve) and lift the bottom halve up, then wiggle it up and down left and right in different combinations and it will comeout (easier done then said :) )

listen to this guy, takes two seconds when pulled up from the back (the bottom half) then the rest is self explanitory, pretty sure there's only two screws holding the back part on (from memory)

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
Thanks guys, all done now. It is easy once you know how to do it hey.
Cheers and thanks again!

almac

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp commodore
you gotta push the seat hard to the boot direction and it should clip out may take a bit of effort
this is the correct method. worked easy 1st time. no need to put hands under seat

93VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive SI
Lifting back of rear works but can catch on the fabric so must be careful of you have good interior. I was instructed to uses knees to force seat backwards to release front. Few ways to do it but it's getting it that first time. After that it's easy.