Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RECALLS: VE & WM Series Holden Vehicles

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Hoses, had to get some fuel hoses replaced for my VR when they did a recall (some yrs ago), and the trans. dipstick replaced aswell.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Well that site lists the seat belt recall, but what it dont list is the other 2 that came through with it, even though they are classed as customer satisfaction recalls. one being hvac unit on lower spec cars and other being A/C drain tube grommet not seating corrrectly allowing water to pour onto the floor.
Just for the record, the Captiva had one come through also for power steer hoses.
The others are most likely bulletins sent to dealers and are being dealt with when the cars are returned for the initial/next service.

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I have the 195kw Dec. 2007 and I got a letter for recall for the fuel hose which has been done so it must be for 6 cylinder as well.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I have the 195kw Dec. 2007 and I got a letter for recall for the fuel hose which has been done so it must be for 6 cylinder as well.

You're a bit behind the times mate.

The first recall was for the V8 engines and was related to a fuel hose.

The most recent recall (that made the news right around the country!) was for a bracket in the V6 engined cars.

It is not the same recall.

dean wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 2008
Quite disturbing reading all these complaints when I got a much worse case with no help.
I’ve recently purchased a brand new Sv6 feb 2008 atomic green from Holden Dealership for $41,900.
My front right, as well as my front left now have a loud clunk as if there’s metal shifting out of place at any speed loud enough for people to turn around & look. As well of a sound of a metal rod vibrating (ruler on desk.) driving with the camber of the road sets it off as well as accelerating and braking
I have taken it back to Holden on two occasions, first time they said it was only the sway bar bushes and there was the wrong size fitted. After getting it back there was still that ‘knock so I returned it for the second time to only hear it was the engine mounts this time and that the engine mounts get real loose as if there shifted.
I was happy they have diagnosed the problem, but I received it back the second time, quiet for the first day and still have the clunk and the metal ruler sound. Sometimes really bad. There’s clearly something wrong with this car. Something is shifting and causing the engine mounts to shift. I Dont feel confident driving it.
I am totally not satisfied with the vehicle and want something done about this. On two occasions I’ve heard off Holden that there’s been a lot of customers with same problem and there still trying to find out what it is . That was enough for me. Whats the story Holden? You spent over $1billion on the car and only for what?
I’ve booked it In for another time, this time he wants to go for a drive to hear the noise only I bet it doesn’t happen and he will take me for a fool. This noise Comes about mostly first 10 mins of driving from cold car so I hope there’s something.
H E L P! Any suggestions?

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Did you read the date of his post?