Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RECALLS: VE & WM Series Holden Vehicles

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
He is banned so what is the point?

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
didn't realise, and don't care if he is.... i comment on what i read at the time...

Like you both have !

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
lol old post ...

johnsy .... read my location again :D why the hell should I even know that thing exist :rofl:

the info here is kinda useful, I'll have a "chit-chat" with the ****** dealer later :whistling

meyogy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Quite disturbing reading all these complaints when I got a much worse case with no help.
I’ve recently purchased a brand new Sv6 feb 2008 atomic green from Holden Dealership for $41,900.
My front right, as well as my front left now have a loud clunk as if there’s metal shifting out of place at any speed loud enough for people to turn around & look. As well of a sound of a metal rod vibrating (ruler on desk.) driving with the camber of the road sets it off as well as accelerating and braking
I have taken it back to Holden on two occasions, first time they said it was only the sway bar bushes and there was the wrong size fitted. After getting it back there was still that ‘knock so I returned it for the second time to only hear it was the engine mounts this time and that the engine mounts get real loose as if there shifted.
I was happy they have diagnosed the problem, but I received it back the second time, quiet for the first day and still have the clunk and the metal ruler sound. Sometimes really bad. There’s clearly something wrong with this car. Something is shifting and causing the engine mounts to shift. I Dont feel confident driving it.
I am totally not satisfied with the vehicle and want something done about this. On two occasions I’ve heard off Holden that there’s been a lot of customers with same problem and there still trying to find out what it is . That was enough for me. Whats the story Holden? You spent over $1billion on the car and only for what?
I’ve booked it In for another time, this time he wants to go for a drive to hear the noise only I bet it doesn’t happen and he will take me for a fool. This noise Comes about mostly first 10 mins of driving from cold car so I hope there’s something.
H E L P! Any suggestions?
ve right front clunk
hi had my ve into holdens (think of a chip company) now three times to fix a clunk. happens when hitting deep manholes.

first time they didn't have time to look at that problem but they looked at the fan/heater controls (not fixed either) but that must have taken all day.

second time was told they have a suspension procedure they go through to fix any probs there. got quieter !!!??? for a couple weeks then loud again.

third time (this is the best) was still in the same spot i left it that morning. excuse? it needed to sit in the sun to check the fan controls!!??(even though holdens hadn't issued a repair procedure for the fan problem) and was told after seeing it out the front they were having trouble with top strut rubbers. LOL. it must have been too hard to fix out by the roadside. . 1.5 hrs later !!! hmmm we have replaced top strut rubbers they insulate spring noise ......its worse than before....OMFG!!! about to bag them on facebook/twitter. see if that helps.
so sorry no real help from me . but thought if you had the problem fixed you could tell me how??