Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Religion Thread

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
faith..... sorry no..... anyone can have faith in anything, (they dont hav to be religious to do that) themselves or in another person or in their footy side, that dont make it religion though.
im outta here for the night... happy debating :D

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
That, and the thread is about 'religion' not 'faith'.

So zoist, can you honestly tell me you believe the world is 6000 years old? Honestly, without any doubt? Because it was written in a book?
Take a look at this site so that you are more informed about you're beliefs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_Creationism

If you notice, to combat science disproving that the earth is 6000 years old, religious leaders began teaching that 1 day was probably not (Note the word 'PROBABLY') the same time as a solar day.

You see how views have changed over time as things have been disproven? Very convenient I think. You also realise that all the 'stories' (because they are remember, accounts by people, not actual fact) told were by people 2000 or so years ago? When beliefs and knowledge of the world were VERY limited.

Do you also realise that a whole lot of stories were rejected in order to appease the kings and queens of the time of the compilation of the book? There are far too many irregularities for me to even consider living my life bound by thoughts and ideas of people that lived 2000 years ago, who were corruptable by the romans.

Religion brought in a truck load of money and, more importantly, a dedicated fellowship. Thousands of people belonging to one religion.. all willing to 'vote' one way. "And I shoult smite thine enemy in the name of god" as an excuse to attack other countries.. and the people ate it up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying religion causes wars or anything like that. I'm saying, leaders utilised the hold religion had on it's people to use it as an EXCUSE for their own benefits.

Open your mind to at least think about possibilities (if you will). I have studied religions.. the main lot, christianity, hinduism, buddhism, judiasm etc. I find all of them a crock of the same crap (no offence intended of course - admins feel free to edit) except PARTS of each one.

Love the idea of Buddhism.. live NOW, and worry about the after-life later. Oh yeah baby, sounds great!

I like the morals and principles that some religions install, however.. I believe that each religion is just one guaranteed electorial win.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Spyper said:
Believing everything word for word that was written IMO is unhealthy. You are of the belief that if you don't believe BLINDLY in every little detail, that you are not fullfilling your religious duties and beliefs. This can be very dangerous I think.

i'd like to follow on to that, how far do you go reading something that is interperated by someone else. perfect example, the media, it may not be a book, but its along similar lines, someone puts to print what they want others to read.

you could go as far as making your own religion, writting a book( or, for arguments sake, a bible) and tell people to believe. the scary thing is, you'd get followers no matter what your religion is, and it is all just someone with an imagination doing it.

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
What's the whole 6000 years stuff? What about dinosaurs? Aren't they proven to be older than 6000 years? A couple of million years older? And rocks, aren't a lot of them proven to be millions of years old?

And who created Earth? God yeah? So why did she wait millions of years to put people on it? Imagine if we were here WAY earlier, all the technological advances we could have made today!

I dunno, I reckon we were created, but not by a God or superior being.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I'm pretty late to this convo but I thought I would add my thoughts anyway. I don't know what I believe, I'm open minded. But in regards to the bible I personally don't think it can be used as a reliable source to determine how one should live their life. Think about it, its got to be flawed, its like chinese whispers one person says one thing and as it gets passed around the story is altered through sabotage or accident. Thats not even taking into account the integrity it could lose in translation and interpretation.

I must say that I do believe in a lot of the christian ideals though, but also in saying that I have done religion studies at uni and a lot of the other religions have ideals I agree with too.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Julie said:
I'm pretty late to this convo but I thought I would add my thoughts anyway. I don't know what I believe, I'm open minded. But in regards to the bible I personally don't think it can be used as a reliable source to determine how one should live their life. Think about it, its got to be flawed, its like chinese whispers one person says one thing and as it gets passed around the story is altered through sabotage or accident. Thats not even taking into account the integrity it could lose in translation and interpretation.

I must say that I do believe in a lot of the christian ideals though, but also in saying that I have done religion studies at uni and a lot of the other religions have ideals I agree with too.

Thats because most ideal's are a standard persons doing. Most things that the bible says to do, you shouldnt have to be told to do

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
newo said:
I dunno, I reckon we were created, but not by a God or superior being.

Well if we weren't created by God, then the guy that did must have been pretty damn smart. Maybe we were created by aliens? But who then created them? :rolleyes:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
zoist said:
Well if we weren't created by God, then the guy that did must have been pretty damn smart. Maybe we were created by aliens? But who then created them? :rolleyes:
In that vein then who created god?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
God created God !:whistling