Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing vim valve LY7

Bowman2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VZ
hey guys n girls

the vim valve(variable intake manifold valve) on the 190 manifolds can be removed,

i belive its a power taker fuel saver valve more than anything !

vim valve flap is closed until 4000rpm, and separates the intake into two sections when closed.
u dont need to go past 3500rpm for cruising around and normal driving, even on the highway 100klms the engine is at 1100 rpm or so in 6th gear, therefor has no function for everyday driving its only once u want high revs put the foot down it comes into function..opens up giving u a open single plenum chamber for better air flow id assume....

so my questions is can i remove the flap without causing other issues ?

has anybody done this ?
got any other information on this subject please tell...

mine makes a single click sound on ever touch of the throttle and its annoying the **** out of me, as iv just done the timing and rockers lifters oil pump so me engines very quiet and its the only thing making noise....i want it gone, its like that super cheap auto add, misses earrings in the little compartment beside the steering wheel, i must get rid of the clicking sound.

Bowman2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VZ
for anybody who cares just thought id mention i removed the vim valve flap.

straight away noticed engines more aggressive down low.
no more bogging down n that harsh engine braking is also not as bad.. not sure how much this will affect your fuel consumption though id say not much if at all thats if u dont led foot all over town.