Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VY/VZ door trim

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
real helpful tips, was able to use this today.

One question, everything has gone back on, but i cant get the doorlock to clip back on. Any tips?

I too am interested to know how to clip the door lock back on. Mine just slides up and down the threaded metal shaft and won't grip. I've put a small amount of kwik-grip on it to hopefully hold it on but not to be too strong so that it wont come off again.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
The red clip is buggered, that's what makes it grip to the thread. Drop into holden and pick up another one, $2 from memory and then you're set.

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
thanks for this! will help when i decide the replace the front speakers and put leather into the door trim :D

Husdell93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Executive
my door lock clip has become stuck when trying to place it back on the acuator. the door is unlocked but the clip is down in lock position.... it wont budge not even by force.... need help quick!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I had the exact same problem. I used a screwdriver around the clamp that grabs onto the car when the door is closed and turned that and then used a hell of a lot of pulling. It did come loose but you needed the door lock/clamp thingy to be in the right spot to do it. Was a bitch to do and was scary as hell cause i didnt want to spend money by taking it to holden or anyone but didnt want to have my car always unlocked

ollie_69_96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cosmo Purple VY II SS M6
Hey mate great thread really helped me when fixing my drivers door mirror although I found a few more screws I THINK were not mentioned. I had 7 screws underneath the trim, the 4 which you mentioned and the another 3 were screwed in horizontally next to the other screws. (I can get photos if you would like)

Thanx heaps for the write up

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks a bunch for this guide mate. I need to remove the door trim to replace the speaker on the driver's door. Is there any guide on how remove old speakers and wire up new ones? I'm also thinking of sound-proofing the doors, know of any good materials?