Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Repair costs on 2006 VE side swipe?

Morlach

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey folks,

Was driving along and a car reversed out of a parallel park right into the side of me. We both fully insured, what do yas reckon the out come / will be? My car is a 2006 VE sedan.

Crash_20180528_111020.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
$3k maybe a bit more

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
put it through insurance, they may say the other party at fault and how much is your excess

Morlach

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yup I have comprehensive with RAA (SA), excess is $400. The other guy reckons it was my fault, obviously I disagree. I am the green arrow, he is the red reversing out:

Crash.JPG

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You were on the road, he was reversing. Provide the info to your insurance and they'll open/shut the case pretty quickly in your favour.

Morlach

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yup, I logged online claim immediately after it happened yesterday, just had call from RAA, no excess, take it repairer and get the ball rolling. Super happy.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yup, I logged online claim immediately after it happened yesterday, just had call from RAA, no excess, take it repairer and get the ball rolling. Super happy.

Good to hear.

I had my car damaged in a similar incident, except i wasnt in it at the time. I was parked to the right of where the red arrow car would have been, and as he's reversed out the car travelling along the road has it it so hard that it shunted his car into mine and managed to move the landcruiser about half a metre in the process.