Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replace body control module

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
bugga ! the VR is just going to the crushers... and I cant use the BCM out of it:ranting:. I'll have to find a VS Berlina or higher spec at the wreckers or something like that

Glenn Rozec

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT11 SS GEN3 1999
I would try running wires directly to the fuel pump from a battery etc, to see if its an immobilizer problem.
Hey mate, have you actually checked for power at the fuel pump,
The voltage will pulse for short period then stop.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey mate, have you actually checked for power at the fuel pump,
The voltage will pulse for short period then stop.

Hey mate did you see the date he posted that?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi steak000,

Your problem is a familiar one to me as the same items suddenly stopped working for me and it had me baffled for a while.

It wasn't the BCM at all as that's what I initially thought it was as well, rather it was the ignition barrel not freely moving back to the "on position" after cranking the engine to start, thus many accessory items within the wiring circuit will not get power as power is diverted to cranking only at this part of the ignition switch (Start section). The first item that normally triggers your awareness that something is wrong is that you have no radio. After that you'll find that things like indicators, wipers heater fan won't function.

All you have to do is grab the key and lightly turn it slightly backwards so that contact is made within the black electrical ignition switch that's attached to the rear of the barrel assembly and everything will revert back to normal.

This is a rather common thing if you have changed you barrel at some stage and replaced it with a Chinese copy cat version that's not as precisely made.

I've just noticed that this thread was started back in 2010 so I'd expect that the original poster has sent the car to scrap long time ago.

Anyway the scenario is still one that comes up from time to time and thus the advice is still relevant.