Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Your DFI Module In a VR

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
This write up is how i changed the DFI module in my VR, i would assume VN-VS would have the same method, and most other commodore models would be quite simmilar. I will upload some pics within the next few days.

What you will need:
Socket Set
Replacement DFI module (with or without coil packs attached)

Lets Get Started!

Locate the DFI module and Coil Pack.

Towards the passengers side of the DFI module is a plug, there is a small bolt in the middle, undo this bolt using the appropriate sized socket… from memory it was around 5-6mm, pull out the plug and leave it hanging.

At the bottom of the DFI module you will notice there are 3 bolts holding it in place, undo these 3 bolts, and before you go any further ensure that your spark plug leads are numbered… if not then using a pen or marker put strokes on the leads I for 1, II for 2 III for 3 etc… pull the spark plugs leads off the top of the block and lift it out.

Now, If you bought just the DFI module, without the coil packs, you will need to take off your existing coil packs and put them onto your new DFI module, take note of what order they go in… you can either undo them one by one and put each coil across or just draw a quick sketch of the positions, take them all off and bolt them onto the new DFI module, they are held on by 6 bolts, 3 on each side.

If you bought the DFI module with the coil packs attached (or have now mounted your old coil packs onto your new DFI module) simply pull the mounting plate off the bottom of the existing DFI module and put it onto the other one, might be an idea to give it a bit of a clean off first, then put the spark plug leads back on, bolt the DFI module back on to the mounting plate, put the plug in and tighten up and your done.