Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reset Computer

Butso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Hey guys,

Im trying to figure out how to reset the computer thoroughly. I've done a few searches there have been 2 routes. Take out some sort of fuse and wait one minute? Or Unhook the battery and hold the brake light to drain power.

I want to know the quickest most effective way and sure fire thing with as much detail as i can get. I'm trying to reset the base idle for the IAC since i accidently tried to take that screw off thinking it would unhook the accelerator cable.

cheers
Pak

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
Just pull the engine fuse, its located in the engine bay in the smaller of the two black plastic fuse boxes on the drivers side of the car(big one in front of wheel arch and little one a bit below and forwards from the big one). Then wait 30-60secs and your computer should have reset. Plug fuse back in and bobs ure uncle.

I have done this a few times recently and haven't needed to press the brake pedal. This is only necessary if there are large capacitors retaining charge long after the battery is disconnected. (Not the case to my knowlege, press the brake pedal if u feel the desire or simply wait a bit longer)

You acheive exactly the same result by taking the lead off the battery... I only pull the fuse as it requires no tools at all cept ure fingers.

Apoc out.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
in my case requires more than my fingers usually lol, I keep a pair of needle nose pliers in my glovebox, lol damn acrylic nails ;)

D.