Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Roadworthy Cert

ashtonwright

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive
Hi guys,

Looking I sell my VT, had her for 5 years; been a great car.

While I'm confident most items are all ok for roadworthy, I don't want to get ripped off when heading for the cert.

ANY ROADWORTHY CERT LOCATIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS?

Looking for someone fair and not too at strict.

I know my back windscreen wiper isn't working at the moment.... is that likely to cause an issues? I haven't used it once in 5 years! Surely not?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Ash

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Wiper and anything else will need to be repaired.
No such thing as "not too strict" on a roadworthy certificate......Would YOU like to be duded by some bodged up roadworthy on the next vehicle you purchase?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
That doesn't happen I used to think the RWC bloke eat raw meat but as ole mate above said we are talking about safety if something is in doubt it will be knocked and you will be replacing it. I"ve taken a few cars off that I thought were all right then the rwc bloke has knocked 10 things.
The last 1 was a car my friend brought from NSW that came with a pinkslip .
If its there it must work. I know of another girl buying a car with a RWC after her oldman saw the car he went and made the RWC mob replace half the suspension or he was going to dog them in for doing a dodgie.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If you havent had the car up on a hoist, or know every roadworthy rule you cant possibly comment on the cars present condition.

My favorite passtime was booking in and people saying "Yeah man, it's real clean wont need anything" and then you get it up on the hoist and it's got flogged out suspension, simple stuff like globes blown, sandblasted windscreens etc etc.

Type "Roadworthy" into google and pick one.