Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roadworthy Checklist

Z

ZER0

thanks greengopher, i was real confused but i was sure i had replied to his question. n

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
nahh i posted it in the pub first and realised that it may be more appropriate in General..

But I couldn't delete the post..

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
ok no probs ;)
it was just that there was one guy last night who posted the same question in at least 3 different sections.
it gets a bit annoying when the same question pops up :rolleyes:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
and it can get you banned......(because its annoying....)

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
s0sage for once mate there is no way ill agree with what you and your mate are doing. roadworthy is for a reason. passing as a favour is looking to make a mess of something or someone.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
thats fine mate .. i respect your opinion, but dont get me wrong .. just because i CAN doesnt mean i DO, and theres no way in hell i'd ever put a car on the road with bald tyres, craked glass, rusted out panels, shredded interior and falling to pieces overall... thats just insane.
i use my privelage with a few mechanic places i konw to remove DEFECTIONS on my vehicles (too low, too loud, too fast, mini-spool diffs, cracked headlights that sort of things) NOT just to buy $200 bombs and sell them for $1000 with reg and rwc.
as for my current ford i own.. i will challenge ANYBODY to find a single fault with it that would fail a roadworthy. i paid a pittance for it, but i drove the hardest of bargains, he wanted over $1700 for it when i found it, and previos ads to that he wanted over $2000. its the tidiest unit and is legitimatley rwc

i respect i have the privelage of getting rwcs only when i NEED them for myself. i dont abuse it. and i wouldnt abuse my mates in copping them a fine and revoking of their testers license (by the way its a $10,000 fine)

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
beleive it or not, too low, mini spools and cracked headlights are in the same basket as bald tyres and shitty seats. its safety. it shouldnt be done at all. its certainly not up to you or anyone else to decide what parts of roadworthy can be 'overlooked' and what parts are 'important'.
its all done for a reason.

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
im going with s0sage here i dont see why to low or tow loud can make your car dangerous ?
i can under stand rust and brakes and things but if its been lowered professionaly and has had a muffler put on perfessionaly it should be fine..................

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
minux said:
And if they get caught doing it they lose their licence.
yeah its because of a dodgy roadworthy that i had to get $300 worth of stuff repaired to my car after i bought it.