Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Robin Williams commits suicide! WTF!?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Talk about not being able to comprehend depression! I just don't get it... The last person you think would have any problems with being depressed kills himself because he's depressed.

If this isn't a global wake up call into combating mental illness, I don't know what is!

This is so tragic. Not just because the world has lost a brilliant performing artist who always made people happy, smile and laugh... But because so many people that don't have such fame and fortune suffer the same fate.

Rest in peace Robin, and everyone else who's lost the battle with their own mental illnesses. Condolences to the affected families also.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
He will be missed, even though depression finally took him the world loved him and we will never forget him.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
As I posted on a status a moment ago:

Its incredible the amount of people face/suffer depression, yet find happiness in making others/those around them happier in life. However the pressure gets too much in satisfying other peoples lives I guess.

RIP Robin, such an amazing person.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
I thought it was public knowledge that he had dealt with depression for years, in particular, manic depression (bi polar). Not to mention his heavy drug and alcohol abuse especially throughout the 1980's and 1990's.
He was a good actor, I enjoyed his more serious stuff, I thought One hour Photo and final cut were great movies.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
It's the story of the sad clown , very sad indeed , a huge loss to the entertainment world .

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I remember seeing a doco on Robin Williams which mentioned his struggles with depression & addiction among other things.
They interviewed him & he seemed like quite a dark person at times, which was quite revealing when you're used to seeing him as the funny guy.
But we all have our demons...

As mentioned his more serious roles were some of his best IMO but he will likely be best remembered for the comedy

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Brilliant comedian... Good Actor... The World is a little poorer without him in it, such a shame.

:rip: R.I.P

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Lost for words.

RIP