Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rocker/Valve Covers for Buick V6

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
pretty sure it goes upto mid 90, end of series 1 motors, as mine had them, and is a 90 model, april i think.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
"A larger timing chain damper is installed on models from July 1989 to reduce engine noise and can be installed to previous models. The following production changes to the engine apply to vehicles manufactured from mid October 1989:
(a) Moulded plastic rocker covers are installed with revised seals and retainers which can be installed to previous models.
(b) The double valve springs installed to earlier model engines are replaced by a single valve spring and the shape of the retainer is modified to suit the single valve spring. The single valve spring can be installed to earlier models providing that the corresponding retainer is also installed."

It goes on quite a bit..but thats all thats relevant really. So your rocker covers must have been replaced at some point with the pre October 1989 ones.

Wesleyrpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Supra Turbo
whats this about roller rockers needing bigger rocker covers? Doesn't mention it on YellaTerra's site? Can anyone confirm this?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
You can just use spacers so that you don't need to replace your rocker covers. But I want some good looking rocker covers, polished something similar to the ones up the top of the thread....and i figured I might as well look around to see if any places do make them.

Also who would be interested in a group buy of some polished rocker covers that are big enough to fit roller rockers? There is a company here in Adelaide organising some now from the States...Prices havent been figured out yet though.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
If all you're after is polished rocker covers that will fit with the higher ratio rockers...Get spacers for them and get your rocker covers polished. Then it's all good. Don't have to screw around with getting them made.

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
I am actually getting a set from Supercheap in Epping Victoria for $189 they are useally $199 not a big differance but yeah! these after market rocker covers for the VN - VP look grouse i post up the brand in acouple of days.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
the brand are kilkenny castings, they made the original "holden" ones liek what i have, and they also make "v6" ones.

are these the ones you're getting? the "v6" ones?

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
My car's a late October 89 one and has the alloy ones as well, perhaps one of the last ones to get them as standard fitment..