Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rotary powered HJ Premier

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yeah true! How cool would it be to swap it out for a 20B with obligatory huge turbo though?! Go retro!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yep, found that one out a couple years back. i never found any good descriptive photos though. if anyone has any, id love to see them.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
thanks for the link, damn, theres a few i havent seen before.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That car was supposed to be in Gran Turismo 4 but somehow missed the deadline, Wont be too surprised to see it in next time though. But I bet it's a slug : )

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
This has always been one of my favorite fantasy projects...a Mazda Roadpacer with some wild rotary fitted.

The only styling drawback was that they had those stupid rear view side mirrors way out halfway down the top of the front guards... :confused: , as a lot of Japanese stuff did.

The car was apparently pretty slow with, I think, a poor little 12A rotary "powering" the heavy sedan...but yeah, a bridgeported 20B with massive turbo and fuel injection should sort that little problem out... :w00t:

I can't see rego being a major problem either...it wouldn't have anywhere near the capacity of the "biggest optional engine" in the HJ model range, being the 5-liter V8, and a set of power-assisted V8 brakes and worked suspension should sort out any rego hassles and a reasonably quiet exhaust (for the inspection) would see it fly through. Just imagine the looks on the faces of the ricey boys if it was painted in some nice modern candy colors and fitted with 18" wheels... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
30k for a mint Kinga though.
Would find one like that in Australia for the price.