Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running head unit off amp

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Mosfet is just a reference to part's used within the amp, such as the transistors.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Those are the peak power figures, which are irrelevant.
What you need to look at is the rated RMS input power of the speakers.But don't get too caught up on the power figure side of things, they only play a small part in all.

Other than that, a 4 channel amp will be what your after. What's your budget allow for, inluding wiring, installation ect?

phatvtcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT
Yea i was trying to find RMS, didn't succeed... Budget im not too fussed with as long as a have a decent amp that will sound good and thump hard.. As for the wiring im not hooking it up to my sub only the speakers so what type of kit should i be looking at?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Sweet cheers dude If my head unit doesnt have an amp control wire input, how would i get external power?

We would be able to answer all of your questions much easier if you were to provide a bit of infomation to go with each of your post.

Just about every aftermarket head unit, will have atleast one pre-out for an amplifier.