Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] 1st July - you know what that means?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
oh so sorry for leaving a word out......

and i dont care i was just sayin... i didnt spend all my cash to not drive it pfffft

yeah exactly, like i didnt spend cash on airbags to not flick switches :p

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I received the rego receipt certificate the other day. Space on the bottom for the payment receipt number :) And they have removed the 6 & 9 month options from the form - so it's a 3 month pain or 12 month stab in the heart for choice on the V8 rego. :(

The V8 has mised out on rego this time so 3 days of V8 driving left *sigh.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
yep, you can only register for 3 or 12 months. Apparently it saves them administration costs. What more administration there is in a customer service person pushing 6 or 9 on the keyboard as opposed to a 3 or 1 then 2 is not quite clear. Especially seeing they don’t have to send you anything our anymore. And as they have now saved thousands from no longer printing and posting out the stickers they have put it up $1. Nice aren’t they?
So suddenly coz it suits them they no longer furnish stickers that the cops didn’t need anyway coz they could check your rego from your number plate like they will have to do now anyway.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
I like the idea of no more sticker/label, but that should have reduced the cost.
I hate the idea of scrapping the 6mth option 'cos that is the one I do and have always done,
I think someone above summed it up perfectly with 3mths a pain it comes to quickly and 12mths is just a straight up JAB with no lube.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
What i would like to know is. How does a mechanic know the car is registered, so he can take it for a test run without losing his licence for driving an unregistered vehicle that the owner says is registered when it isnt.