Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Full License Enquiry

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
Good evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Firstly I would like to apologize if this is in the wrong section, however as this is directed at us South Australians I would get a more focused answer. I would also like to apologize if this doesn't make much sense

My license runs out on the day before my birthday and on my 19th birthday, when I am eligible to obtain my full license. The fee for a re-newal is $42 which I will only use for 1/2 days, then I'll prolly get slugged with another fee to upgrade to a full license?
Is it possible let my license expire (not drive in this time, obviously) and walk into the motor rego office when I'm 19 and ask for a full license?

&& I have also noticed that my licenses expiry date is the same as it was on my P1's, meaning that I did not gain any more time on my P2's?

coug

gotta love the v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 vx ss
just go into your nearest sa roads service centre if possible and ask them...i dare say they would be able to inform you, bit of a tricky 1

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Interesting question. I think only motor reg can answer it however.

When you do find out, can you post back here and let us know what happened?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I think most(all) states have grace period on licences renewal as long as you don't drive(or get caught doing so) so I'd think if you failed to renew for a day or so and then renewed it would circumvent the problem if you don't drive in that short time. I know I have renewed mine at least a week after it expired in NSW. Ask the RTA and if they say "nah you get reamed" just let it expire and try it if you can afford not to drive for a day. What's to lose?

Edit: I may have that arse about. Renew it before your birthday and say you can't make it after because of work if you need an excuse, can't see that though. No law against renewing it before the expiry date, most of us do.

Last edited:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
A few years back when I was on my L's, I was waiting for the last day b4 I renewed them (dunno why, was prolly broke), and yeah on the day they expired I forgot about it. The next day I went in to renew them and yeah had to resit for them coz I didn't renew them b4 they run out.

So yeah definitely ring motor reg and check up on it.

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
thanks guys, I thought I'd try here before I'd post call them so I would have some knowledge and not sound like a blithering idiot.

I'll report back when I call them on Monday