Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Licence disqualification

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Bit of a story, got done speeding in march (excessivley), recieved an on the spot licence suspension for 6 months. 3 months later recieved a letter in the mail that i'm now disqualified for 12 months (due to reoffending after appealing licence in 2006), all up i'm not driving for 15 months.

Do you think that i would be able to have it reduced by 3 months due to the fact that i have an extra 3 months only because of the time it took them to send me a letter (12 months instead of 15)? If that makes any sense.

Also do they have work permit licences in this state at all??

Any info would be greatly appreciated guys, also i know i'm a wanker and i've brought it upon myself but i can't turn back the clock unfortunatley, thanks.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
General SA Section General talk regarding the South Australian Chapter, Current Cruises, Meetups, Members Details, Cruise suggestions etc

Explain how this is cruise related?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
General SA Section General talk regarding the South Australian Chapter, Current Cruises, Meetups, Members Details, Cruise suggestions etc

just moved it to the pub. guess some people cant read section descriptions.

to the op: suck it up and just do the time. sounds like you dont deserve your licence at the moment anyway, reoffending after getting it back.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Bit of a story, got done speeding in march (excessivley), recieved an on the spot licence suspension for 6 months. 3 months later recieved a letter in the mail that i'm now disqualified for 12 months (due to reoffending after appealing licence in 2006), all up i'm not driving for 15 months.

Do you think that i would be able to have it reduced by 3 months due to the fact that i have an extra 3 months only because of the time it took them to send me a letter (12 months instead of 15)? If that makes any sense.

Also do they have work permit licences in this state at all??

Any info would be greatly appreciated guys, also i know i'm a wanker and i've brought it upon myself but i can't turn back the clock unfortunatley, thanks.

Highly doubtful dude. Unfortunately within the law, Police and the courts system are coming down hard on anyone doing the wrong thing - The fact that you've re-offended will play a part in the "no" answer to.. But hey, im not a magistrate or whatnot.

Wow Sash.. You're becoming more mod like everyday :p

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Sorry guys haven't used the forums in a while, was aiming for the general SA section thanks for moving anyways

I know i might not deserve it, but its been bloody hard having had lost my job and had a knee reconstruction following losing my licence, real hard to get a job when you're not completley able and have no transport

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Mate, unfortunately, we all go through **** times.. I put my car (car which I worked on for 8 months thru blood, sweat, and tears) into a tree (uninsured), found out a very short time later my ex fiancee` had a thing for some dude over in the UK who she paid to get flown over to AUS, faced bankrupcy and am now travelling anywhere from an hour, to an hour and a half for work in a clown car excel - but hey, I still stick to the road rules. Speed limits are speed limits, unfortunately you didn't learn the first time.

The point i'm getting at, is no matter the situation, we all go through crap, its a fact of life.. We could all spill our hearts and say how we're ALL gowing through life's hardships, but we chose not to, if you get done - you get done.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
yeah i got done for sustained wheelspin, got my car impounded, went to court, got let off as i'm an apprentice mechanic, (big fine) then 3 months after court i got a letter in the mail saying im disqualified for 12 months. tried to fight it, but apparently the judge did not have the final decision, it was all up to the transport department if i lost my licence or not. i lost my job, and it took me 4 months to find another place that will take me on without a licence.
they dont do work permit licences. just gonna have to suck it up and do your time - i am

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Think you may have taken what i said the wrong way, i'm not asking for people to feel sorry for me, why should they i got myself into this. I thought it would be relevant to my original question as if i were to appeal it or something, those facts may be something they take into consideration. All i'm asking for is any advice, particulalry from those who have been in similar situations

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah i got done for sustained wheelspin, got my car impounded, went to court, got let off as i'm an apprentice mechanic, (big fine) then 3 months after court i got a letter in the mail saying im disqualified for 12 months. tried to fight it, but apparently the judge did not have the final decision, it was all up to the transport department if i lost my licence or not. i lost my job, and it took me 4 months to find another place that will take me on without a licence.
they dont do work permit licences. just gonna have to suck it up and do your time - i am

This is what i was thinking, thanks for the info mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.