Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Mobile Phone Ban for L and P1 Drivers

Mr_Clubsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Sucks to be them!

Mobile Phone Ban for L and P1 Drivers

From 31 August 2009, all learner's permit and P1 licence holders will be banned from using any type of mobile phone function while driving. The mobile phone ban includes:

• using hands-free mode including Bluetooth technology
  • loud speaker operation
  • text messaging
  • The ban does not restrict the use of a mobile phone when a driver pulls over and parks safely.
  • The penalty for using a mobile phone while driving is a fine of $218 and three demerit points.

A list of Frequently Asked Questions about the new law is available to download from the following website – Road Safety : Road Safety

On this website you will also find further advice and information about road safety issues more broadly.

"This message has been authorised by

Jim Hallion, Chief Executive
Department for Transport Energy and Infrastructure"

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
have already recieved the letter in the mail merely 3 weeks ago. bit late lollll

yeeeezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VZ Calais (on P's)
not really, yeah its stupid if you have a hands free and you still cant use it but alteast there still letting me drive my V8 so im happy for now

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Oh god what a joke. Almost as stupid as the BAC level.

Should be either no-one can use them, or everyone can.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
pretty stupid, even though i'm a P2 plater.. loud speaker i agree on, because it might slip off your lap (i wouldn't know *shifty eyes* lol)..

but the hands free is a bullshit.. pretty sure having a passenger that is talking to you and your talking back to them is the same as using a hands free kit. (which is properly and securely set up before you drive)..

also i'm pretty sure text messaging while driving has been cut down majorly because of touchscreen phones lol..

spirto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice II
lol if you have a blue tooth radio, and get a call, how can a cop tell if your talking on the phone or just heading towards crazy..e.g. talking to yourself in the car? ... But I do aggree text messaging should be banned as your looking at the phone to do it, even those touch typists ....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
pretty stupid, even though i'm a P2 plater.. loud speaker i agree on, because it might slip off your lap (i wouldn't know *shifty eyes* lol)..

but the hands free is a bullshit.. pretty sure having a passenger that is talking to you and your talking back to them is the same as using a hands free kit. (which is properly and securely set up before you drive)..

also i'm pretty sure text messaging while driving has been cut down majorly because of touchscreen phones lol..

*sigh*, This subject was touched on a while back. tests have actually shown, talking ona mobile whether hands free or not is much more distracting than a passenger. It uses different sections of the brain that tends to remove concentration on other tasks.

Mobile phones should be banned period. They offer nothing to anyone in society. If you want to talk to someone, go see them or wait until in your in a safe enviroment eg: your home to make a call.