Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] new high performance law. and tint

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
well ive owned mine for 2 1/2 years so they can get ****ed

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I love to see people from other states get upset when the law comes in for them.... it's been like this for a while in many other states.... personally I'm well over P plate age so I don't care, but honestly, I do agree with power restrictions for P platers. Being a P plater once myself, I know that it's like, and cars are getting more and more powerful every year.

For example, in the 90's we were trying to get our hands on a 1980-something V8... now days, most P platers are driving around in late 90's vehicles, of which a V6 puts out more power than those old V8's...

XST80

Cubic inches or gtfo.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman S2 5L
For example, in the 90's we were trying to get our hands on a 1980-something V8... now days, most P platers are driving around in late 90's vehicles, of which a V6 puts out more power than those old V8's...

The most retarded thing is if I were under these laws I couldn't have my Stato which is 168kw factory.

The new Commo SIDI's as everyone knows are 210kw, and a P plater can legally drive one.

That's where I have a problem with it.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I honestly don't believe there is any merit in these laws, it's just the governments way of claiming they are doing something to reduce the road toll, when it hasn't seemed to make any difference whatsoever to the statistics.

I wanted a V8 as soon as I got my licence, and ended up transplanting a 308 into my 6 pot Commodore only a year after getting my licence. I lived to tell the tale. I see more V6 VN Commodores wrapped around poles than V8's, so I don't think it really matters whether it is a V6 or V8. A kid wants to drive like a tool, they will just as easily kill themselves behind the wheel of an 8, 6 or 4

But as said, it's been law in the eastern states for some years now, so SA isn't being hard done by. And I doubt very much that there is anything you can do about it. So best just to suck it up, and sit it out until you are off your P's.

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
If anything the brakes etc are better on a v8 than a 6.
But I'm not a p-plater, so meh.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
its just like in the NT they changed the law with the speed limit to reduce the road toll because there was no speed limit on the open road but now its something like 130 and the road toll has increased.... lol

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
so no one has an answer?

The restrictions never apply to already licenses drivers, they apply to 'new' drivers after x date, which includes anyone who loses their license.....

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
my cars a v8 first mod i did was all new suspension and big front brakes

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
ah k, thanks stealthy. im moving to sa from vic and i havent got my Ps yet, and i wasnt sure.