Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sandmans' VC SL

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Make sure you can use rubber mount for trans member...need some give so whole car does not vibrate or have harmonic issues.

Tbh I'd rather break & change a rubber engine mount once per year than have vibrational/harmonic issues.

f280 355 rocked like a mofo at idle even with rubber mounts yet surprisingly never broke one even with 4500rpm stall/4.56 setup behind it.

6l80 or 4l80 going behind holden v8?
Damn I bet that wasn’t comfortable at open road cruising speed with that gearing etc

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Damn I bet that wasn’t comfortable at open road cruising speed with that gearing etc

You don't...probably make you feel physically sick from all the noise of engine/exhaust resonating through the car.

It was tad too wild & cantankerous for open freeway...was ok for 80km/h motorway stints & driving around even in Shitney peak hour although it drew too much attention.

Setups like that feel like you've completed a mission when you finally get it back home without breaking anything....the urge to drive it again takes bit of time to miss it lol.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Bought this absolute abomination cheap off marketplace tonight. Its still in the back of the F150 as its bloody heavy all assembled. Theory is to use the rack and K frame to mockup the engine etc and can leave it in the car to allow it to stay rolling when the bay is painted and allows me to make the other one look nice whilst having this one mocked up in the car.
akbSliU.jpg

Last edited: