Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Saving face" or doing the right thing

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
Nepotism blows and unfortunately, it happens quite a lot. I used to work for a large company and this sort of thing went on all the time - not with their relatives because this was a large corporate organisation - but with a particular band of people whom had all worked there since they left school / uni and had formed a very solid club. If you weren't accepted into this club or even dared to be outspoken about said club you had little chance of promotion. In fact there was a good chance you would shipped off to another crap department for no apparent reason other than 'we thought your skills would be best suited here'.... kind of BS. So I did what you did mate and left, never looked back except to say ***K YOU!

pretty much to the word my work is the same as that and im starting to look for a new job now, been there for 3 years and had enough, basically because stay home with my family instead of going drinking and wasting my wage on a weekend with the bosses i dont deserve a pay rise although i work harder and better then the other fella's lol

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Family isn't always treated better. I used to work for the mum-in-law. She sacked me via text message over one ****ing job that went over the quoted time whereas other employees that weren't related were given chance after chance after chance.

mix blk ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ssv commodore
Nepotism blows and unfortunately, it happens quite a lot. I used to work for a large company and this sort of thing went on all the time - not with their relatives because this was a large corporate organisation - but with a particular band of people whom had all worked there since they left school / uni and had formed a very solid club. If you weren't accepted into this club or even dared to be outspoken about said club you had little chance of promotion. In fact there was a good chance you would shipped off to another crap department for no apparent reason other than 'we thought your skills would be best suited here'.... kind of BS. So I did what you did mate and left, never looked back except to say ***K YOU!
I know what you mean first hand,there is a south coast (north nowra) construction & shopfitting mob , who's best employee is double standards...