Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scratched glovebox/dashboard repair

aedeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 10 VE SS ute AFM
I stupidly scratched my glovebox with the metal buckle of a bag yesterday. The scratch is pretty deep. I can run my fingernail into the groove and it's white in colour (no pic atm sorry). It's pretty annoying as it's right on the glovebox door and in my face. I've tried armor all glossy crap to cover it up, but that didn't work. I also tried a black crayon, and that also didn't work.

Does any body have any recommendations as to the best way to make the scratch less noticeable? I was possibly thinking of some touch-up paint to colour in the white scratch, but not sure how hard it would be to match the VE dashboard black.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I think you would be surprised as to how cheap a new glovebox face is to buy from Holden.
I have recently bought a whole heap of trim bits brand new from holden, as was pleasently surprised at how cheap everything is.
(I bought the glovebox assembly, which is the rest of the glovebox, minus the face) for $60 brand new.

Maybe drop by Holden Parts, and get a price.
(Note: Bring your cars VIN number, and they can match up the exact part, without wasting too much of your time trying to describe the colour / options).

Cheers
Matti

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
What he said, you will never hide the scratch the colour and surface is impossible to match.

aedeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 10 VE SS ute AFM
Thanks for the responses guys.

yeah, got my eye on that one too, but will sus out the "staff price" for a new one through the parts department at the stealership. Got a mate of a mate that works there. Hopefully the door only costs about $30, which is all I'm prepared to pay, otherwise I guess it's staying the way it is.