Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shooters, Archers and Bladesmen Unite!

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Went and put a deposit down on my first .22 today, after playing with a few I couldn't go past a nice little CZ in walnut with a middle of the road Nikko Sterling scope. I really liked the browning T bolt as well, but the couldn't justify the extra dollars, and the rotary magazine, although pretty cool, felt a little flimsy.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
CZ will last a lifetime (and the rest).........................I'm just not a timber fan :p

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I played around with both the walnut and the synthetic, the synthetic would be easier to clean and what not, but the timber just had more character. Guess thats a personal thing.

Looked at the lower end marlin and savage, and both of them rattled, the bolt in the savage rubbed on it's way down, the bluing was coming off and it was still in the shop. Maybe I'm overly picky but neither of them seemed built to last.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah I have a savage stainless .22 and I wouldn't say it's the sort of firearm I would be passing down to my son. On the other hand tho, it has take a beating, had about 5000 rounds through it and cleaned like twice, still shoots sub MOA @ 50m and takes down bunnies first shot so can't complain.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Can't really complain then, my thoughts on the savage were simply from holding on for 5 minutes, haven't shot one, I have shot the Marlin, and the one I played around with was grouping beautifully, so the function is obviously not an issue.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
How it feels to submit a PTA

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32624-1346978995-2.gif

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Why? How long does it take in the ACT? Takes like 3-4 hours here.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
28 days. Select firearm, submit PTA, pick up firearm 28 days later.
First PTA or all of them?
VIC is 28 days for your first one, after that it's normally a few hours and generally no more than 24hrs.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
All of them. Each firearm is 28 days from the date you submit the PTA. You can't even get a PTA for a type of firearm and then go pick one out, you have to have it picked first and supply serial numbers with the PTA.