Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Site Outages Coming Up

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This happened a few times to me yesterday when replying to threads but it seems all good today.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
This logging out problem seems to be getting worse (at least for me), it's happened three times today alone, so now about 1 in 3 visits.

Once was only about ten seconds after I'd closed the forum tab, I remembered something I'd forgotten to read, came back to the forum and I was logged out again.

I regularly visit about a dozen different forums and this is the only place it's happening.

Andrew

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
No changes have been made at all and can't say I've experienced any problems at all despite my previous I have that same issue - seems to have disappeared.

The only thing differently I changed recently was AV on the computer and a reboot of the system which is actually rather rare, usually once a month after windows updates.

I would be inclined to suggest initially try clearing cache / temp items and or maybe try a different browser to see whether the same thing happens.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
i'd reckon it would be more on your local side too, Ive had my account signed in on this PC since the upgrade and haven't had to log in again once, my PC at work which is set to clear cookies and an annoying anti-virus i have to log in every time.

edit----

Soon as i've said this it starts doing it :p, jinxed myself, seems to only happen to me when i have half a dozen tabs open to different threads at once, if im just 1 or 2 tabbing it then it doesnt happen.

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Doesnt happen to me however i have things set to clear upon exit anyway.

However on PC Google Chrome, Firefox and Opera autofill the username and password and takes me 1 click on "Keep signed in" and then the login button

This is how i prefer things myself.

Once logged in, never had issues until i close the browser and no different what i do for my other forums im on.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
This logging out problem seems to be getting worse (at least for me), it's happened three times today alone, so now about 1 in 3 visits.

Just to update this, I think I found the problem...

The shortcut I had created on my desktop was pointing to the old non-SSL, non-secure URL (with a "http:" at the beginning), the forum must have been automatically redirecting me to the secure version but somewhere along the way I was getting logged out as well, or maybe it was looking for non-secure cookies?

Anyway, I changed the URL in the shortcut to begin with "https:" instead and I haven't been logged out once in the last week or so!

You wouldn't think one little "s" could cause so much trouble?

Andrew

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Now that's a very interesting find, I didn't even think of that so thanks for that! Makes sense though I can tell you that much.

I thought there was a redirection in place but clearly not the case.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Darren,

Yes, there is a redirection in place, so even if I go to the "http:" URL, the forum automatically loads a "https:" page.

But somewhere in that process, for some reason, it was logging me off about one time in three?

Andrew