Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slow drivers and handguns

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ok, a bit of devils advocate here, and this is of course hypothetical. If the young bloke nudged the older guy from behind while travelling at speed, is he not the instigator? He could have caused a serious accident and killed the older guy and his wife, then when he went to overtake, the older guy could have thought he was about to get rammed off the road and he responded in what he considered to be self defence. Just a passing thought, imo both of them are in the wrong.
Illegal for a firearm owner to use it in self defence whether your life is in danger or not.
Welcome to Australia.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Ok, a bit of devils advocate here, and this is of course hypothetical. If the young bloke nudged the older guy from behind while travelling at speed, is he not the instigator? He could have caused a serious accident and killed the older guy and his wife, then when he went to overtake, the older guy could have thought he was about to get rammed off the road and he responded in what he considered to be self defence. Just a passing thought, imo both of them are in the wrong.

Well, it does say that the younger was driving slowly, then the older guy overtook him (but it doesn't say if he was a dick about it), then the younger guy overtook him which I assume pissed off the older guy, coz I know it pisses me off, especially if they once they re-overtake continue driving really slowly.

I'm gonna say they are both as bad as each other, Technically the younger guy didn't have to re overtake and probably should have just sat behind him travelling at his normal speed. Chances are that this incident wouldn't have occurred. Of course we can't be sure the older guy didn't first give him the finger or something as he first overtook him.

Of course the older guy is massively in the wrong by chasing him down and attacking him with a gun.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
i wonder if the younger guy will drive better now

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Well, it does say that the younger was driving slowly, then the older guy overtook him (but it doesn't say if he was a dick about it), then the younger guy overtook him which I assume pissed off the older guy, coz I know it pisses me off, especially if they once they re-overtake continue driving really slowly.

I'm gonna say they are both as bad as each other, Technically the younger guy didn't have to re overtake and probably should have just sat behind him travelling at his normal speed. Chances are that this incident wouldn't have occurred. Of course we can't be sure the older guy didn't first give him the finger or something as he first overtook him.

Of course the older guy is massively in the wrong by chasing him down and attacking him with a gun.

It said that the younger guy nudged the back of the older guys car once the older guy had overtaken. Older guy would have been bricking it after that and shot out of fear... It's totally wrong.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
It said that the younger guy nudged the back of the older guys car once the older guy had overtaken. Older guy would have been bricking it after that and shot out of fear... It's totally wrong.

Exactly. Why did the young guy do that? Was he being a dick, was he retaliating from something else. In my mind he is the instigator in this, unless the older guy abused him or something first.

But either way, he should have taken a chill pill for a second and let the older guy drive off into the distance.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
She said Anderson had “wanted to get back at the victim by pulling in front of him and applying his brakes"

What about this?
did the older guy brake in from of him and cause the younger guy to nudge the back of his car? and then overtake because the older guy had lost speed and was the only safe thing to do in that situation?

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Older guy should have put the gun in his own mouth for being a total knob and casting a bad light on guns and gun ownership in general. I'm a proud firearm owner, long arms and handguns, I cringe whenever I see something like this, we just don't need the bullshit and more red tape hampering our sport.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
She said Anderson had “wanted to get back at the victim by pulling in front of him and applying his brakes"

What about this?
did the older guy brake in from of him and cause the younger guy to nudge the back of his car? and then overtake because the older guy had lost speed and was the only safe thing to do in that situation?

That's totally possible.