Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I took the plunge and bought a tech 2

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If you ever plug Tech2 into your PC dont do it with CANdi attached or you will fry it.

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Hey Mate,
Good pick up.Tech 2 IS the only way to diagnose faults and is a very powerful & useful tool.You are right it will pay for itself over time.To learn how to decipher fault codes is the hard thing
I think I have the table of fault codes & their meaning in one of my old Holden College manuals.Will dig it out & post for you ASAP.You can also do software upgrades for autos etc.Definetely worth the money....

craigo8

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Hey Mate,
Good pick up.Tech 2 IS the only way to diagnose faults and is a very powerful & useful tool.You are right it will pay for itself over time.To learn how to decipher fault codes is the hard thing
I think I have the table of fault codes & their meaning in one of my old Holden College manuals.Will dig it out & post for you ASAP.You can also do software upgrades for autos etc.Definetely worth the money....

craigo8

Cheers buddy that'd be bloody awesome!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
In order to do software upgrades (SPS) the Tech2 has to be connected to Holden's server as the software isn't permanently stored on Tech2.

As this server requires a username and password I'm not sure how non Holden employees get around it.

Some other actions such as key programming etc require Security Access to be downloaded from the same site.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
In order to do software upgrades (SPS) the Tech2 has to be connected to Holden's server as the software isn't permanently stored on Tech2.

As this server requires a username and password I'm not sure how non Holden employees get around it.

Some other actions such as key programming etc require Security Access to be downloaded from the same site.

Hmm, not sure if you have to be connected up to holdens servers. Since a site on the web can give you the tech2 updates (not cheap!) which is $750 a year or something. And also grants tis programming/security access for $55 for 2days.
Have to say I have not tried this with a tech2, nor can I be sure that it grants holden cards security access. Id assume so.

Alternatively could go all out for the $3100 option with complete tis2web access and pretty much do whatever takes your fancy.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah those charges would give you access to the servers Im talking about. Well GM servers to be more accurate as its worldwide.

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
I have a TIS dongle......................Means that i can access the SPS programming......however...the version of TIS2000 that i have does not have any Holden software on it.......bugger........I need holden software for TIS2000 program......If someone can help me out with software...I can help you with a Tis security dongle and drivers for $90

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Tis2000 is for euro holdens not aussie ones...

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Why don't holden activate the hill descent control ? sounds like wasted potential !