Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Someone keeps using my email to create new accounts

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Yer i have a dynamic IP, there goes that idea. Thanks for trying tho:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Mine goes through a router so it is static. Well the IP that the net sees anyway.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I remember Darren mentioning that he did not want email verification enabled because it made it too much of a pain for new members, but this potential problem might require consideration.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Maybe just put in a script that reads the email address of a new member and prohibits it's use if it already exists on the site.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Maybe just put in a script that reads the email address of a new member and prohibits it's use if it already exists on the site.

That would work, but what is stopping someone from making another hotmail, yahoo account. My biggest problem with what happened to me was that the mods might of thought that it was me causing the trouble, or see that my email was used multiple times, therefore coming to the conclusion that I had multiple accounts. No matter what is done there will always be trouble makers and there will always be a way for them to get through. Thanks for the help everyone :thumbsup:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
That would work, but what is stopping someone from making another hotmail, yahoo account. My biggest problem with what happened to me was that the mods might of thought that it was me causing the trouble, or see that my email was used multiple times, therefore coming to the conclusion that I had multiple accounts. No matter what is done there will always be trouble makers and there will always be a way for them to get through. Thanks for the help everyone :thumbsup:

we will be watching you like a hawk :whistling

nah really all we can do is hit them up as soon as we know about it. youll be right, youve mentioned it so its pretty clear you're legit!

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Email validation is a possibility but unfortunately thanks to spammers and spam software running on mail servers not everyone gets them hence why I dropped it a very long time ago.

Should this type of thing happen again just drop a PM to a mod / admin and we'll fix it up.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

But wouldn't that solve your problem? If another email address is used, the mods know it isn't you.

I meant verifying a new email address for the new member. Not sending an email validation request. If you could check that each member has a unique email address and knock back new applications with an address that already exists on the forum.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
But wouldn't that solve your problem? If another email address is used, the mods know it isn't you.

I meant verifying a new email address for the new member. Not sending an email validation request. If you could check that each member has a unique email address and knock back new applications with an address that already exists on the forum.

Yeah a simple rule like one account per email address

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw

That was just a general statement about these troublemakers, making many different accounts to cause trouble. Yes it would solve my problem. Thanks for all your help