Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Or Pioneer.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
if you only have a budget of $1500,and you like alpine gear, then why not for now, just get $1500 worth of alpine gear.. You wont be dissapionted if you do, and you'll have the peace of mind knowing you didn't really skimp anywhere on the gear.. Even the entry level head units start around 200bucks, and do a fine job, some type r splits,($350) and either another set for the back, or some type r 6x9's, (another $350) so that's $900, leaving you $600 to spend on a 4 channel amp........Rather than a full setup subs ect- from Sony or who ever else......You can always add some subs in the future, but more importantly for the time in between, at least you'll have some damn fine gear-

Last edited:

Jimmy SV6

Colours Wow, Now It Glows
Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
yeah i heard that alpine are pretty sweet for sound if ya have extra cash... i wish i could do that :yeah: but unfornately not... yeah i need to get my butt into gear and look at some audio gear this weekend me thinks along with a service as well :thumbsup:

Sony CDXGT460U - Head Deck $299
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/64285.jpg

sony XSGTX1620S - 6"1/2 speakers - Front Doors $199
https://www.millionbuyplus.com/images/products/SNYXSGTX1620S_M.JPG

Sony XSGTF1025B - 6" Speakers - Back Doors $79
http://www.strathfieldonline.com.au/images/XSGTF1025B.jpg

Sony BOX120P5A - Sub in box $199
http://www.sony.com.au/objects/200x133/BOX120P5B.jpg

Sony XSGTX6940S - 6x9 - Back Parcel Tray $199
http://www.strathfieldonline.com.au/images/XSGTX6940S_2.jpg

just dont know what kind of amp i should use for it to run the 6x9 and the 12"sub properly

if anyone has an idea let me know cause i dont know that much about this kinda stuff

Jimmy SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
if you only have a budget of $1500, then why not just get $1500 worth of alpine gear.. You wont be dissapionted if you do, and you'll have the peace of mind knowing you didn't really skimp anywhere on the gear.. Even the entry level head units start around 200bucks, and do a fine job, some type r splits,($350) and either another set for the back, or some type r 6x9's, (another $350) so that's $900, leaving you $600 to spend on a 4 channel amp........Rather than a full setup subs ect- from Sony or who ever else......You can always add some subs in the future, but more importantly for the time in between, at least you'll have some damn fine gear-

thats true i guess.... i get what ya saying also for sure :yeah:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I strongly suggest you listen to that sub before buying it, you basically buying sony's very entry level sub, if you check the web or some other stores, you'll find the sub itself retails for less than $100, you have to ask yourself, at the end of the day, are you really going to be happy with your entry level sub, and your rear coaxials....? What type of MP3 player are you wanting to connect??There's better ways than having a USB port connected Via the front of the H/U, I'd strongly suggest you look around and have a listen to a few products, and avoid buying everything from the same manafactuer, your only limiting your options by doing that, and if have your budget to stick to, but still serious about your sound, i wouldnt be spending more on the head unit than any other compnent, you'd be better off spending $150 on the head unit, rather than $300, then having $350 to spend on your front speakers,rather than $200- also your doubling up on your rear fill speakers, also you will have 6 speakers, I.E 6 channels, but only a 4 channel amp, unless your planning on running your coaxials of the head unit, in this case they probably wouldnt even be heard over your 6x9's, basically making them a waste of $80...don't be fooled into thinking the merrier and the louder, you can get just one pair of speakers, which themselves would be more than capable of out powering all 3 sets of speakers you have listed here..

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I'd be suggesting Sony head units. My old car had one, the head unit survied the crash and is now in a VR berlina. 2 years on and still going strong. A nissan pulsar here also has a new sony head unit. Never had any probelms with either. Hence why my new head unit going in my VY is another sony! I dont know why people are saying Sony sound ****, for the price of the speakers and what not they blow the other competitors in the price range away. Yes, they're older stuff was crap, but they've improved quite a bit! I havn't had any problems with my Sony speakers in my old car either, got louder than i wanted it to, and was still clear. Then again, sound is a personal thing, so what sounds good to me, will sound different and could sound crap to someone else. Just seems that all my mates like the sound of Sony stuff too! :) Actually, thinking about it now too i have Sony everywhere! TV, surround sound system and my computer speakers are even a Sony Mini HiFi unit.

Jimmy SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
I'd be suggesting Sony head units. My old car had one, the head unit survied the crash and is now in a VR berlina. 2 years on and still going strong. A nissan pulsar here also has a new sony head unit. Never had any probelms with either. Hence why my new head unit going in my VY is another sony! I dont know why people are saying Sony sound ****, for the price of the speakers and what not they blow the other competitors in the price range away. Yes, they're older stuff was crap, but they've improved quite a bit! I havn't had any problems with my Sony speakers in my old car either, got louder than i wanted it to, and was still clear. Then again, sound is a personal thing, so what sounds good to me, will sound different and could sound crap to someone else. Just seems that all my mates like the sound of Sony stuff too! :) Actually, thinking about it now too i have Sony everywhere! TV, surround sound system and my computer speakers are even a Sony Mini HiFi unit.

Thats funny as dude, cause i realised so do i.... i have sony surround sounds as well and go good when the ****er wants to work hahaha

yeah i get what ya saying i need to go to a store and see for myself i guess hey :yeah:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Why did you list Sony gear if everyone said Pioneer?

^^ exactly??

i've had a poineer headunit in my VS and in my previous XE for over 10 years now and my uncle had the unit for at least 2-3years before me, and its never missed a beat. my mates rant about sonys and they have only lasted 2years max! fools!

i have only upgraded it recently because i needed aux in. still love that DEH-636 unit!