Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Cameras in POI (no alert)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hmmm ... that's not 100% conclusive, because the existence of camera locations in the maps doesn't automatically mean that the SatNav software itself will alert the driver. Remember that the ability to turn them on is a new menu option in MyLink.

I mean I hope it's right, and I've sent a similar question to the service department at my local Holden dealer ...

Webby_SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSVR Sportwagon - Heron White
Did a quick distance check today using the trip meter - looks like cameras alert when you're approx 250m away.

It also only alerts you to cameras in your path. I have experienced some satnav's in the past that just alert that a camera is in the area, even if it wasn't focused in your direction (i.e. cameras at an overpass intersection would alert, even if you're on the underpass road).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Did a quick distance check today using the trip meter - looks like cameras alert when you're approx 250m away.

It also only alerts you to cameras in your path. I have experienced some satnav's in the past that just alert that a camera is in the area, even if it wasn't focused in your direction (i.e. cameras at an overpass intersection would alert, even if you're on the underpass road).
This makes me think positive things of Holden.

I mean how many cars would this feature sell, at this time? Sure maybe a few years back it'd have made a difference, but nobody in March 2017 is going to be looking at the existence of fixed speed-camera warnings as part of a sales decision for a Commodore which will no longer exist from October.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
I will be one of the guinea pigs to get my 2016 updated with the new maps on Thursday the 16th. The car is booked in for the 15000 service and a map upgrade. I had to prepay the $126 for the map upgrade as it has to be ordered through the spares department and will be allocated my VIN number. I am not sure what they are ordering though, a USB?? Hopefully it will have the cameras on the new maps.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Hmm mine is booked for the 17th and I didn't prepay. Where you located? When I asked the dealer said they had them.... I'm going to Belcnonnen.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
In Melbourne, two different dealers told me the exact same thing, that I had to prepay and get it ordered through the spares department.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
i had a nice chat with a holden care rep, they said it might have taken time for the usbs to go out but they did to all dealers and no prepayment is required etc. I would check again as this is conflicting to what holden HO are saying.

Mr_Toad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda RX-8
I have just had the MyLink and maps in my MY16 updated to deliver the safety camera feature which is documented in the car's manual but doesn't exist in the car's menu options.
I gave the dealer the contact details of my caseworker at GM Holden Customer Care and there was no cost to me.
The dealer's service adviser told me on pickup how difficult it had been to enable the menu option; wasn't as simple as downloading the software - there had to be fiddling around in settings to enable the feature.

Whether that's the case or not, I can confirm that it is possible for a MY16 Commodore to have Camera POI alerts.
As is the case with MY17 owners, the icon is purple.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
By chance are you able to provide the details, as when I take my car in next week I'll provide all the details to the service manager prior to make sure my maps, reverse camera gridlines and safety camera poi are loaded and are working.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Yes, if it is indeed available on MY16 cars then I would also like to know what to ask for at my next service!