Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Cameras in POI (no alert)

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I have just had the MyLink and maps in my MY16 updated to deliver the safety camera feature which is documented in the car's manual but doesn't exist in the car's menu options.
I gave the dealer the contact details of my caseworker at GM Holden Customer Care and there was no cost to me.
The dealer's service adviser told me on pickup how difficult it had been to enable the menu option; wasn't as simple as downloading the software - there had to be fiddling around in settings to enable the feature.

Whether that's the case or not, I can confirm that it is possible for a MY16 Commodore to have Camera POI alerts.
As is the case with MY17 owners, the icon is purple.

That's great, at least someone has had success with this. Hopefully others do too.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes, if it is indeed available on MY16 cars then I would also like to know what to ask for at my next service!
Hope for the same for a built August 2015 SV6 car

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
My Dec 2013 calias is booked in first this Tuesday (long weekend in SA) for mylink upgrade and then map upgrade. Fingers crossed.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
awesome, i'd probably tell them to make sure that you have reverse camera gridlines (do you?), maps and guarantee POI speed prior - curious to hear what they say.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Thanks mate. Can you provide me with the name?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
awesome, i'd probably tell them to make sure that you have reverse camera gridlines (do you?), maps and guarantee POI speed prior - curious to hear what they say.
Just to fill me in. What does the acronym POI stand for.

Funny thing is our MY2015 August built SV6 has reverse Camera Grid Lines but my neighbours SV6 Ute MY2015 built the same month does not have them.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Mine (MY16) is booked in for a minor issue and I mentioned the camera/poi while service guy was on the phone.

He reckons mine already has it (it hasn't) but he'll check it out next week.

It's definitely not there so hopefully they install it on the day.

VF2Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Calais
Hold off for a while. I had a Mylink update completed on Monday; camera poi is now working, but the settings reset every time the car is started. There is another thread on Mylink issues; seems that there is a known bug with the latest update.

Webby_SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSVR Sportwagon - Heron White
Hold off for a while. I had a Mylink update completed on Monday; camera poi is now working, but the settings reset every time the car is started. There is another thread on Mylink issues; seems that there is a known bug with the latest update.

Please share the thread on the myLink update issues so everyone can benefit...