Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Cameras in POI (no alert)

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
So can anyone confirm they managed to get Speedo Camera POI enabled in their Mylink that 100% did not have it previously?

Iv not seen any update which affects the navigation configuration?. Maps update and Maps configuration are two different things :)
I will know the answer to your exact question in 24 hours. Mylink update and new map going in tomorrow morning.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
I will know the answer to your exact question in 24 hours. Mylink update and new map going in tomorrow morning.
If you don't have the reverse camera gridlines, get that included as well. The email I got said the following:

22/2

Hi Peter,

I have checked with our technical and the system can be updated by the dealer using Service Update 13-2540A (WN Caprice / VF Commodore Reverse Camera guidelines).

Thanks,

Robert Hofen - Holden Customer Care

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
In MyLink go to Configuration Settings > Display Settings > Map Settings > Speed Limits
Done it today and I need a Map update as most of the New streets are not there. Speed warning is OK except for some late change to NEW Main Road School that are Speed (NEW SCHOOL Speed Dropped from 80 to 60KPH)

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you don't have the reverse camera gridlines, get that included as well. The email I got said the following:

22/2

Hi Peter,

I have checked with our technical and the system can be updated by the dealer using Service Update 13-2540A (WN Caprice / VF Commodore Reverse Camera guidelines).

Thanks,

Robert Hofen - Holden Customer Care

Thanks, yes that is being done prior to the new map install.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
So can anyone confirm they managed to get Speedo Camera POI enabled in their Mylink that 100% did not have it previously?

Iv not seen any update which affects the navigation configuration?. Maps update and Maps configuration are two different things :)
I would love to have a POI (update)that warns me before A School or other POI sites. Trust me you need this when your 66 years old and have bad retentive memory,

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Eagerly awaiting! Can't imagine Iv missed something, unless Holdens technical team are sending through custom updates to enable that feature?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I got a email back from Holden and was advised that the feature is available for the model 2016 and 2017 commodore only.

So I decided to give them a call and the guy I spoke to said that this is a hot topic and has been for a long time.

I explained that the 2015 models and below say in the manual it can be turned on and off with the railway crossing and he confirmed that this is true and he was not aware of how to enable the feature and would speak to engineering and get back to me by the end of the week.

I also told him about the live chat telling me that I can have it enabled on mine.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got a email back from Holden and was advised that the feature is available for the model 2016 and 2017 commodore only.

So I decided to give them a call and the guy I spoke to said that this is a hot topic and has been for a long time.

I explained that the 2015 models and below say in the manual it can be turned on and off with the railway crossing and he confirmed that this is true and he was not aware of how to enable the feature and would speak to engineering and get back to me by the end of the week.

I also told him about the live chat telling me that I can have it enabled on mine.

Okay just had mine done. Dec 2013 build Calais. Mylink updates (have the reversing lines) and the map upgraded. I have checked the software was loaded as per earlier screenshots. No camera alerts. There is no option under config or in POIs to turn them on and they don't appear on the map. Same with school zones Railway etc. So there we go.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Okay just had mine done. Dec 2013 build Calais. Mylink updates (have the reversing lines) and the map upgraded. I have checked the software was loaded as per earlier screenshots. No camera alerts. There is no option under config or in POIs to turn them on and they don't appear on the map. Same with school zones Railway etc. So there we go.
Right, so Im not going mad then! Iv not seen it in added to 13,14 or 15.

I 'guess' its something they may bring into the earlier models, since it can be done.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Mine has school zones from new but it is funny cause the way they work is you will be driving down the road and all of a sudden the speed limit changes to 40 and then back to the original when it thinks you have left the school zone any time of the day. I believe they are just setup to be on 24/7