Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] speed camera's

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
You need to exceed the speed limit by 25km/h or more in Victoria to automatically loose your licence. Last i checked it was 3 months for 25km/h and over. But it may have increased. Also if you reach your demerit point limit, also expect it to extend :p

Nah it's 25kph, I checked the other day

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
hey was just wondering, in this situation would i have got done by the speed camera. im driving on a 2 way road, suburben area speed limit is 50, the speed camera 'holden ve wagon' was facing towards me on the other side on the natures strip. i was doing about 60 - 70, do they catch cars going both ways or just on the one lane???????????? i hope they dont :(

you'll either get a fine, or you won't.

In the meantime don't stress - worrying is like a rocking chair, you'll go forwards and backwards, but you won't actually get anywhere :)

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
70, do they catch cars going both ways or just on the one lane???

In NSW, the mobile cameras work in both directions. I got done about 7 or8 years ago and I took the oportunity to view the picture at the Police centre before I paid. I was the only car in the frame. I said zoom out please. The dude did and the resolution is out of this world. My car was like an ant in a paddock when zoomed out! You could even see the wart on my chin when zoomed in!

There was an indication of Direction Of Travel and that was my direction that day!

Have a look before you fight it

herronvute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II S
my first speeding ticket was from a camera wagon on the other side of the road, so i guess it depends on distance (eg wouldnt work on a split freeway but would on a suburban 2 way street). On your P's losing 5 points in 6 months or 12 points in 3 years will lose your license.