Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spied: Final Lineup Of Zeta-Based HSV Vehicles Caught In The Wild

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
HSV-GTS-Spy-Shot-002-720x340.jpg

As we ring in the year of 2017, it will hopefully bring about much good for everybody. However, there are some choppier waters on the horizon. November of 2017 has long been tipped to house Holden’s end of production date, signaling an end to the locally build Holden Commodore.

Holden itself will reveal three special edition vehicles this month, but HSV is said to have quite the going away party planned.

Spy shots from Photobucket have shown us what appears to be HSV’s final lineup of Zeta-based, Holden Commodore high-performance vehicles ahead of their launch. A few vehicles are shown in a trio of new colors expected to be offered for 2017: Spitfire Green, Light My Fire Orange and Son of Gun Grey.

Upon closer inspection, each vehicle is not wrapped identically. The Light My Fire Orange car seems to have been wrapped more carefully, with camouflage covering up to the rear decklid spoiler. It’s very likely this could be the 2017 HSV GTS-R W1.

2017-HSV-GTS-Spy-Shot-001-720x436.jpg

The HSV GTS-R W1 has been rumored to headline HSV’s final Commodore vehicles with a 6.2-liter LS9 supercharged V8 engine, the same powerplant found in the C6 Corvette ZR1. If you remember how bonkers that Corvette was, imagine the same engine in a sedan.

The GTS-R W1 will also be of short supply, with reports stating only a couple hundred will be produced. The price tag is just as exorbitant at a rumored $170,000 AUD. In the process, the GTS-R W1 would become the most expensive and most powerful Holden Commodore ever built.

HSV-GTS-Spy-Shot-003-720x449.jpg

We’ll know soon what HSV has up its sleeve.

Source GMAuthority

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
These will genuinely be the last of the (Aussie built) Commodore based HSV models. Instant collectors items for the limited edition models.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I dont like the new towel look they are implementing

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I was thinking it needed to be cheaper but they'll sell like hotcakes if not already.

Every last one will sell without any drama what so ever. Call it a last gasp that will even appeal to those who snapped up the early GenF that will be coming out of lease this year.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
If I only had oodles and oodles of cash I'd buy one of each type to drive on alternate days of the week and one of each type to put on blocks and put into hibernation mode with a heavy dust cover. They'll be worth many times more than their sticker price in years to come (that's if petrol cars will still be allowed on the road...etc...).

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The availability of petrol probably wouldn't matter. Look at the value of some classic muscle cars in the States that are in museums and never driven.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
The availability of petrol probably wouldn't matter. Look at the value of some classic muscle cars in the States that are in museums and never driven.
That's true. To be honest every time I look at my VF I am both filled with pride and happiness that such a good car was built here AND great sadness for Holden-"Australia's Own Car". Vale GMH.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
That's true. To be honest every time I look at my VF I am both filled with pride and happiness that such a good car was built here AND great sadness for Holden-"Australia's Own Car". Vale GMH.

Stroppy

I think we feel very much the same way about the future for Holden.

I've lived through every model made and in the 60's and 70's when Holdens were so popular, it was inconcievable that it could ever come to this.

I'm reasonably sure that with the passing of local production, my interest in cars will pretty well cease. It's already waning.