Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Splits in front and rear doors?

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
IN Car Audio have not done ANY TESTING of the JAYCAR HEAD to HEAD... plus No one else such as NICE etc take them seriously...

Bais NO!!

Like to open peoples EYES YES!!!

Cheers

Well, I'd say it's about time the so called "in-the -know" should pull their finger/s out and test the so called "lo-qual" stuff!! Do they have a problem testing it? It can't be too hard for them to acquire the gear for an "expose'"... They seem to be able to get the so-called top gear without to much of an issue!!!

As has been said on this and many other forums, bang-for-buck you can't go past the Jaycar gear!!!! That (bang-for-buck) is what it's all about in this thread... Don't get me wrong, I couldn't tell a good system from a bad one no matter how many $$$ you've spent on it... BUT, I do know what I like to hear when I'm driving.... LOUD & CLEAN no matter what I'm playing (BTO right now on the PC, yer I'm an old fart!!!!LOL), on the CD or the radio it has to be LOUD & CLEAN..........

Except when the kids are in the car then, well hey the wiggles don't sound too good LOUD, BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA... Well actually they'd probably sound a lot better with a half decent system..:yeah:

Just a prod......:D What's your view on the Jaycar stuff??? Have you played with/tested it???

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
oh hardly...I'm guessing you just can't break past the mainstream stuff eh CAFO?

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
oh hardly...I'm guessing you just can't break past the mainstream stuff eh CAFO?

Each to there own, though will have to disagree, the INFINITY KAPPA PERFECT Range is the best that I have heard to date for a variety of music types... followed closely by RF's Power componenets.

You only need to look to the top end vehilce and home entertainment, to see what they are running and it is usually Infinity.

I know with my home entertainments system which is about $70,000 worth.. and it is all INFINITY SPEAKERS and SUBS.

But again everyone has an opinion and a bais!:thumbsup:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
.... so post yours in the review section - Marzz thread revolved around splits in the back doors.

Oh, and we're all very impressed with your system. You've obviously done well for yourself - the vast majority of members here aren't quite so well heeled though. We have to collect enough food stamps and line up to get our audio components.

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
.... so post yours in the review section - Marzz thread revolved around splits in the back doors.

Oh, and we're all very impressed with your system. You've obviously done well for yourself - the vast majority of members here aren't quite so well heeled though. We have to collect enough food stamps and line up to get our audio components.

Phreddy,

Was commenting back to 12volt not having a dig at anyone else on the forum.

I certainly did not play RRP$$ for it though. I guess you have to decide if you are going to purchase the Latest MONARO!!! or SS commodore or something else... so went something else!! about the same money.. and at least the HES does not depreciate as quickly!

CHeers

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
No hassle Mate, to be honest I have to admit to being a little envious.

Point is that most of us don't have that kind of bread - and for me, if I had 70 gorillas up my sleeve (in my bloody dreams!), then I guess I would get some high end speakers for the car - but the vast majority of it would be split between getting in control of the mortgage, and keeping things flowing along through the early months with ASR. I got a nice little hand-up from the admins of this very forum (and another very large THANK YOU, guys 'n gals...), but to be honest things will have to pick up soon. The advice I try to give to folks very much takes into account their budget - I certainly share your views on the quality aspects of the products you endorse, however I try to keep an open mind and don't rubbish other brands off-hand unless they particularly deserve it. (BOSS leaps to mind, huh Ray?) ;) CAFO, can you really say that for sub $150 splits the Response Kevlar 6.5" units aren't a good buy?? No-one claims that they sound as nice as $350+ speakers for a moment. Have you actually given them a fair audition? (and I DON'T mean popping in to your local Jaycar and listening to them on the board there...)

In fact, there have been several comparos of the Response gear up against other "mainstream" products in a similar price bracket - and the brand fared quite well. Similar comments to what just about everyone else here thinks - "... great value for money..." and that's the point! Obviously if you're comparing them to products which are substantially more expensive, then damn right you should expect better performance for the bigger spend! My bloody oath! If someone came to me for advice with a suitable budget, then I would definitely recommend the higher end (and higher priced) items.

(BTW - don't ask me to name or otherwise identify these articles - I don't have the time or the inclination to look for them. I know they exist, and I know from first hand experience that the Response gear works well FOR THE DOLLAR SPEND, provided the installation is carried out with suitable levels of competence - but then that point goes for ALL brands, doesn't it??)

I've been about here at JC for a little while (but certainly not a long time yet...), and try not to blow what trumpets I have - but what I can tell you is that I've had 25+ years experience in electronics professionally, and one of the main reasons for my developing such a passion for it was my love of sound systems and the application of the technologies. Before I even started high school I knew exactly what I wanted to do and pursued the hobby right through, so you could almost add a few years more to that figure. I trained as an apprentice in the Australian Army (any ex-service apprentice technicians out there can attest to just how thorough the training is) and I've worked on everything from mine detectors and intercoms, radio comms systems, right up to microprocessor controlled mortar locating radar systems. After that I worked as a field service engineer for a US based computer company (back then computers didn't sit on your desk, they filled rooms up...), a CCTV and security technician, and a computer systems engineer. The whole time much of my own personal research and learning was the application of many of these techniques to audio systems and acoustics. University degree?? No, I don't have one. Thorough training and real world experience? Yeh, I do have a reasonable amount of that. During that time I have picked up one or two clues and techinques, and have certainly developed my favourites - and a few pet hates as well - brand wise. I also keep an open mind though, in that it's not all "in the badge" - several of my faves from years gone by, I wouldn't touch in a pink fit now.

(Jeez, just looking at this - claiming I don't blow my trumpet!! I'd better pull my bloody head in!) :rofl:

Anyhow, please take this the way it's intended - I don't disagree with you, just pointing out that not everyone has the budget - and in some cases sufficiently good hearing - to appreciate the finer things.

All the best for '07 to all. :thumbsup:

Cheerz!

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
No hassle Mate, to be honest I have to admit to being a little envious.

Point is that most of us don't have that kind of bread - and for me, if I had 70 gorillas up my sleeve (in my bloody dreams!), then I guess I would get some high end speakers for the car - but the vast majority of it would be split between getting in control of the mortgage, and keeping things flowing along through the early months with ASR. I got a nice little hand-up from the admins of this very forum (and another very large THANK YOU, guys 'n gals...), but to be honest things will have to pick up soon. The advice I try to give to folks very much takes into account their budget - I certainly share your views on the quality aspects of the products you endorse, however I try to keep an open mind and don't rubbish other brands off-hand unless they particularly deserve it. (BOSS leaps to mind, huh Ray?) ;) CAFO, can you really say that for sub $150 splits the Response Kevlar 6.5" units aren't a good buy?? No-one claims that they sound as nice as $350+ speakers for a moment. Have you actually given them a fair audition? (and I DON'T mean popping in to your local Jaycar and listening to them on the board there...)

In fact, there have been several comparos of the Response gear up against other "mainstream" products in a similar price bracket - and the brand fared quite well. Similar comments to what just about everyone else here thinks - "... great value for money..." and that's the point! Obviously if you're comparing them to products which are substantially more expensive, then damn right you should expect better performance for the bigger spend! My bloody oath! If someone came to me for advice with a suitable budget, then I would definitely recommend the higher end (and higher priced) items.

(BTW - don't ask me to name or otherwise identify these articles - I don't have the time or the inclination to look for them. I know they exist, and I know from first hand experience that the Response gear works well FOR THE DOLLAR SPEND, provided the installation is carried out with suitable levels of competence - but then that point goes for ALL brands, doesn't it??)

I've been about here at JC for a little while (but certainly not a long time yet...), and try not to blow what trumpets I have - but what I can tell you is that I've had 25+ years experience in electronics professionally, and one of the main reasons for my developing such a passion for it was my love of sound systems and the application of the technologies. Before I even started high school I knew exactly what I wanted to do and pursued the hobby right through, so you could almost add a few years more to that figure. I trained as an apprentice in the Australian Army (any ex-service apprentice technicians out there can attest to just how thorough the training is) and I've worked on everything from mine detectors and intercoms, radio comms systems, right up to microprocessor controlled mortar locating radar systems. After that I worked as a field service engineer for a US based computer company (back then computers didn't sit on your desk, they filled rooms up...), a CCTV and security technician, and a computer systems engineer. The whole time much of my own personal research and learning was the application of many of these techniques to audio systems and acoustics. University degree?? No, I don't have one. Thorough training and real world experience? Yeh, I do have a reasonable amount of that. During that time I have picked up one or two clues and techinques, and have certainly developed my favourites - and a few pet hates as well - brand wise. I also keep an open mind though, in that it's not all "in the badge" - several of my faves from years gone by, I wouldn't touch in a pink fit now.

(Jeez, just looking at this - claiming I don't blow my trumpet!! I'd better pull my bloody head in!) :rofl:

Anyhow, please take this the way it's intended - I don't disagree with you, just pointing out that not everyone has the budget - and in some cases sufficiently good hearing - to appreciate the finer things.

All the best for '07 to all. :thumbsup:

Cheerz!

Phreddy,

I know where you are coming from as I have been there and done that a few times with different business opportunites... and it is not a easy as some people think.. and a big juggle.

You will find it is TIGHT for everyone, as MONEY HAS DISAPPEARED! out of everyones pockets.

I am not argruing with you about Repsonse 6.5" speakers for the price though there are better units on the market for the money .... take the EFX HDX-67 they are at that price and twice the speaker that JAYCAR / Response will ever be.

Also the Rockford Fosgate P162S would also be a better choose at that price

I guess that I am sick to death of some people saying JAYCAR and other cheap arse speakers are the BEST ON THE MARKET -- even if they use the TERM BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!

as it is not the case,... BOSS - you are right who in there right mind would!

I agree with what you are saying... though if you listen to some people on this forum etc they RECOMMEND JAYCAR and similar EVERYDAY of the WEEK as the best thing since sliced bread

BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!

plus I think it is a bit of JUSTIFICATION of the product at what they can afford NOT WHAT IS THE BEST QUALITY!

Again... there are more opinions and better products than what some people spout off about on these forums... as we have previously stated!

At least you have stated that a set of $150.00 does not compare with a set that is $350+ etc... that is what a lot of people were not getting.

We really like the work that you have done with the OEM HU, if we can help out in anyway we would be more than happy to do so.

But again the market is very tight at the moment you only need to look to JB, Dick Smith, Autobarn. etc to have a look at what prices they are selling audio gear for, and some of it over the last month is below our buy price off of Pioneer, Alpine etc and we are on better rates than what the dealers are purchasing for....... they are just cash flowing ...

Cheers
DJ