Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS Diagnostic Tool (ALDL) - VT,VX,VY,VZ

John_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina LS1
Very easy to use this program! Literally plug and play once you've installed the driver for the cable. Look forward to the cluster software :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
^^^^ I'll 2nd that.

Very easy to use indeed. Just plug in & play :)

Happy to report no faults and no historical SRS faults on the missus car.

The cluster software will be very useful for those that are looking at a diff ratio change which this car will be getting very shortly ;)

Now, the next trick will be to talk to the ABS unit and pulse it for brake bleeding.

Cheers

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
With just shy of 30 people trialing SDT, Im happy to say the feedback has been great without any issues on VT,VX,VY,VZ,VU,WL and WH commodores! Thankyou for all those that participated!

Not sure what SDT is? Checkout the youtube video in the initial post for more details!

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange Gen3, VF Calais V Wagon, VY Calais L67
2000 WH Grange Gen3 V8 (VX module using SDT) with active SRS light.
Changed the clock spring a few months back when the SRS light came on, scan, Clock spring fault in history, cleared, all good.

2002 VY V6 with active SRS light.
Recently purchased this ute, scan for codes, no current, multiple codes in history, cleared, all good.

Excellent software, easy to use, just need to cover older and newer models now.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
2000 WH Grange Gen3 V8 (VX module using SDT) with active SRS light.
Changed the clock spring a few months back when the SRS light came on, scan, Clock spring fault in history, cleared, all good.

2002 VY V6 with active SRS light.
Recently purchased this ute, scan for codes, no current, multiple codes in history, cleared, all good.

Excellent software, easy to use, just need to cover older and newer models now.
Glad to hear you have sorted both cars out!

Am looking into supported VS, will take some time though. VE's are a different kettle of fish and require a different diagnostic cable to communicate with their Airbag module. Will need to develop separate software for that. May be apart of SOE.

JamesD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2 (2001)
Is there any chance I could trial the software? I bought one of these from your eBay page in October of last year (PayPal Transaction #0BS45735UN8654059). I've been using the free software provided on your CD, however they only do so much.
You provided great support when I was having problems.

Highly recommend that anyone in need of a diagnostic cable purchase one through Envyous Customs, worth every cent (Especially if you are a paranoid SOB like myself XD)

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Is there any chance I could trial the software? I bought one of these from your eBay page in October of last year (PayPal Transaction #0BS45735UN8654059). I've been using the free software provided on your CD, however they only do so much.
You provided great support when I was having problems.

Highly recommend that anyone in need of a diagnostic cable purchase one through Envyous Customs, worth every cent (Especially if you are a paranoid SOB like myself XD)
Thanks for the review!
Ill contact you by PM shortly.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
70+ users using SRS diagnostic Tool now! Been a fantastic turn out for this diagnostic tool, and Im glad it has saved many people expensive trips to Holden or mechanics!

I had someone recently contact me saying they organised a small group of people to all come around and diagnose/clear the SRS lights on their vehicles. Best of all, they all cleared successfully as they were all from silly mistakes like changing seats or changing steering wheels! That one person saved everyone a $150 trip each to Holden!

If anyone has questions about the software or diagnostic cable, feel free to contact me!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
There has been a high demand for adding in the ability to reprogram the instrument cluster SRS airbag configuration. And when I mean high, theres been close to a 100 requests now!

This is by far the MOST common parameter to be incorrect when replacing a cluster in VT,VX,VY or VZ. I cant even count the amount of cars I have rocked up to that have had an incorrect cluster SRS configuration. So since it is airbag related, this feature may be added into upcoming updates.
I will however need some trusty testers again to pop in a second hand cluster with an incorrect airbag configuration, then read out the current configuration and then change it to the correct setup. Finally you can use the normal functions to clear the airbag fault.

Previous/New testers are welcome to pop your hands up!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
There has been a high demand for adding in the ability to reprogram the instrument cluster SRS airbag configuration. And when I mean high, theres been close to a 100 requests now!

This is by far the MOST common parameter to be incorrect when replacing a cluster in VT,VX,VY or VZ. I cant even count the amount of cars I have rocked up to that have had an incorrect cluster SRS configuration. So since it is airbag related, this feature may be added into upcoming updates.
I will however need some trusty testers again to pop in a second hand cluster with an incorrect airbag configuration, then read out the current configuration and then change it to the correct setup. Finally you can use the normal functions to clear the airbag fault.

Previous/New testers are welcome to pop your hands up!

Hi Tazzi, boy you've been busy.

I can help out if you need. I even have one of my spare clusters laying around. I can reconfigure them with my Tech2 to an incorrect SRS configuration and do some testing for you if you want.