Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
From my meagre understanding of steel, 304 is better than 409... but not by heaps. And you probably wouldn't notice the difference in longevity unless you were driving up to your door sills in the ocean - in which case you'd have rust in plenty of other places on the ute before the exhaust went! The system will outlast your ownership of the car at least (unless you're Al Bundy)! They have a 10 year warranty, from memory!

You only posted twice to claim the milestone 500th maccas post!

I know bit about steel being rigger. Yes 304 is bit more resistant to the tin worm but you right I will have to have an aquatic ute for it to be a problem!

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Ok update from the wig. Today I was off. All day,sad I know I went over threads, google etc as I have to get this catback before I go away. I was originally sold on kpm as u know but I can't vouch for their genuineness as some members have good info they are rehashed.

KPM were made by this mob, they are right next door to KPM in adelaide

Holden Exhausts - VE 6.0,6.2, SS,SSV,HSV  

But i've just heard that there system are now imported, not rebranded as such but made to there spec's ie (mufflers etc). This is not fact only something i was PM'd buy someone on another forum.

Having said that i'm rapt with the sound best exhaust i've had...

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
From my meagre understanding of steel, 304 is better than 409... but not by heaps. And you probably wouldn't notice the difference in longevity unless you were driving up to your door sills in the ocean - in which case you'd have rust in plenty of other places on the ute before the exhaust went! The system will outlast your ownership of the car at least (unless you're Al Bundy)! They have a 10 year warranty, from memory!

409 is better for heat related stuff, most stainless headers etc are 409.

Joshua_aus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
Thanks for the replies Maccas/Tinsnips.

I think i am sold on the 2.5 Xforce in stainless. Now just have to wait a few more weeks for the budget to allow. Maccas mine is 2006 SSV Sedan with 55,000K's on the clock now.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Ok update from the wig. Today I was off. All day,sad I know I went over threads, google etc as I have to get this catback before I go away. I was originally sold on kpm as u know but I can't vouch for their genuineness as some members have good info they are rehashed. Thanks to maccas I was really keen on the xforce but I not want drone as I do lots of highway. But I couldn't find a place in Melbourne that could get anywhere near his price he got for $1350. Even the distributor in Vic said that was trade price. Good on ya maccas. Nearest I got was 1600.

Nonetheless I need something drone free,stainless and xforce prices. I remember tinsnips mentioning vcm. I fired them an email. They called me back within one minute! Had good chat to scott and I was gunning for the 3" but he said the 2.5k was barkier and the 3" was but quieter. So it's stainless, drone free and he quoted me 1650 fitted. It's booked in for next week.

I happy with what I seem of the vcm and I so over choosing I hope this is the right choice!

You took a whole day off to look for an exhaust… nice haha!

That $1,350 didn’t include fitting, just for the system. I am a keen bargainer though ;)

Sounds like VCM have very good customer service. I bet Tinsnips will be excited he has a guinea pig for his VCM :p haha. Sounds good though mate.

Then we will have a KPM, an Xforce and a VCM on this thread for people to see. Pretty funny we are all going different ways lol.

Good on ya anyway wigs, bet your excited. I better not post a vid of the Xforce up before u get the VCM otherwise u might fall in love and change your mind :p haha

If anyone interested i emailed xforce about noise levels of the catsbacks as didn't want to be canaried. Results are #
VE SS Twin 2.5" cat-back(VE04):90~92dB#
Full system: 92~94dB
Holden VE SS Twin 2.5" big mufflers (VE042) cat-back:89~91dB
Full system: 91~93dB
Holden VE SS twin 3" cat-back(VE06): 93~95dB
Full system:95~98dB
Holden VE SS twin 3" cat-back big muffler(VE062): 92~93dB
Full system:94~96dB# @4200rpm

Looks like I got the loudest system ;) woo hoo haha

You only posted twice to claim the milestone 500th maccas post!

If I was on last night I would have snatched Snips glory away from him. I agree though, dirty playing by Snips with a double post haha! :p

haha.. stupid fkn phone!!! Luckily, I'm going to win a comp and get an Iphone next week.. you know me.. Mr Lucky!!!

Finally going to catch up with the rest of the world big fella :p

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Thanks for the replies Maccas/Tinsnips.

I think i am sold on the 2.5 Xforce in stainless. Now just have to wait a few more weeks for the budget to allow. Maccas mine is 2006 SSV Sedan with 55,000K's on the clock now.

Be careful with Drone with the Sedan mate. Will it be a worry for you? As I have heard it’s pretty bad on the sedan’s and wagons with the Xforce.

We all have utes.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Then we will have a KPM, an Xforce and a VCM on this thread for people to see. Pretty funny we are all going different ways lol.
I'll do another KPM 2.5" cat-back video on Saturday when I fit mine to my VE Calais :)

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
maccas that explains a lot that it was 1350 supplied and fitting extra, but nonetheless still a good bit of stainless for the price! still post a vid mind you mate as i locked int the fitting of the vcm as paid a deposit to secure it and the deal..still liking the 100% no drone on the vcm purely as i sit at 110kph (read that as 140) on highway a lot of the time driving to jobs over victoria..my iphone sits neatly in front telling me of any cameras or mobile traps been reported via trapster application!

the vcm goes on 23rd sept and getting springs done too as i a lazy git and cant be bothered driving across city to save a $100..i must admit from what i have heard and the dealings i had with vcm already they a highly professional unit that will for sure get repeat business if i decide later down the line to get headers and otr which if this current job pulls off i might get done next month..

just as info the vcm is 409 grade ss which is a dullish grey colour that will rust over time but not rust through and the xforce being 304 has the nice shiny chrome look that will slightly turn golden when hot but polishes well...so the vcm looks dull and yours in shinier!! :lock::lock::lock: