Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stability Control/Engine Light/ABS Fault problems. Help!

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Not too shabby, 10L/100km, with a good bit of urban driving thrown in. But that doesn't mean it's not an o2 sensor lol, we'll find out on Tuesday.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Decimator, if the engine management system detects anything wrong with a number of systems, it will disable ABS and stability control. The fault doesn't have to be ABS or stability control related. For example, if any of the throttle body positioning sensors fail, the ECU will disable ABS and ESP, and tell you it's done so. The ESP and ABS systems will be fine, but the computers that run them probably cannot be guaranteeed to work effectively if they can't trust inputs from other sensors. The ECU can also be fooled that sensors have failed if the battery voltage is low, and thow up error codes that aren't correct.

kittykat18

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Berlina
Ok so, I took it back to the gas fitter today. I put up with the lights flashing at me until i had the service money. I rang him before and he said the battery was buggered. And he changed the battery but now they can't start the car. Something to do with the immobiliser. So my car isn't coming home tonight. He still isnt sure what's wrong with it. I'll let u know how I go tomorrow. I'm am really hoping everything will be ok and all it will be is the battery.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Kate.

kittykat18

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Berlina
Finally got my car back yesterday. It had to be towed to Holden. And they had to re-program the computer and both my keys and they found a faulty sensor. Then it was brought back to my gas guy for the service. He had installed a heavy duty battery as well. It was also my 150,000 k service so I was $850 out of pocket in the end. But hoping all the problems are fixed now. Happy days!

commyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL VE
hay mate iv got the same problem on my ve. is it the plug behind the brake disk kind of thing or?

bosmonaut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversay Edition
Had the same problem with mine. Rear left ABS sensor was the cause. Turns out the wheel bearing was worn and had began to rub on the sensor causing the fault code. cost me about 100 bucks tor the new sensor and wheel bearings and borrowed a mates press for the bearing.

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
I dont think the worn bearing would be the cause, there is lots of space around the rear wheel sensors, but for some reason, the wiring harness near the sensors gets chafed, or the wires are made to flex too much with suspension action. The harness is a bit short and the wires coming from the back of the plug are pulled tight to do a hard turn, then the harness runs along the arm that's used to adjust rear-wheel alignment.

Seems this is a common problem. On both my MY07 Caprices, we remade the harness with longer wires to the connectors so that the wires now form a more graceful loop, problem fixed

Pics coming...

carebear

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Holden Commodore
Hi,

I hat the same thing happen to me yesterday 10/9/2015, It happened to me while I was up town and the first time Ive seen the Stability Control/ABS Fault come up and she didn't want to kick over to start, but when i turned the car off and back on again to try to kick it over the Stability Control an ABS Fault didn't come up, but when the NEMA came out they jumped start my car for me and he said that when the battery is flat it can mess with all the ASB and that but I am hoping thats all it is :( as everything is going wrong just before Rego and not happy..

levicasaol

Reaction score
Members Ride
all model
before you do some change, diagnose first to see what are the codes to be fix first, if thers only abs and traction codes, check battery voltage, if greater than 16.5volts it was weak battery or alternator overcharging, if it have engine codes, fix the engine problem, abs and traction will appear if engine have codes, dont do any abs related issue if abs codes is C0561....

WBSV308

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Commodore AFM
What's happened ? Logged in twice ! Typed in a question twice! Hit post quick reply ! And it comes back and says im not logged in.