Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

State of Origin 2014

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Wow, the NSW win will cost NSW a huge amount of money.

COKE ZERO were in talks with the NSW Origin Team with a view to sponsering the Blues.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
:yahoo:A win is a win , NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW :yahoo: and about time , it's been a long time inbetween drinks . :beer chug:

The fireworks going off over the Sydney Harbour Bridge after the game was still spectacular...even though they must have been well past their use by date.

Congratulations NSW.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I never thought I'd say this , being a rugby union man more than league , but I do think that , in some games , league flows better .
Not endless kicks to find touch , and stoppages for scrums and lineouts .

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I never thought I'd say this , being a rugby union man more than league , but I do think that , in some games , league flows better .
Not endless kicks to find touch , and stoppages for scrums and lineouts .

Ive played both, I played League at a higher level than Union (QRL, not the NRL unfortunately) and as a player I think Union is paced better because there are so many natural stoppages. The ruck is a break point, the line outs are a break point. Its a much slower game.

I love Union scrums though. I was a hooker for Harlequinns Rugby here in Melbourne (one of the biggest clubs here) and ugh. Nothing gave you shoulder pain like a good scrum and trying to push the other team back haha.

However, I find league to be much more exciting to watch (and to play if youre a winger or back rower) because its forced to flow at a decent speed. Because union can go on for so many stage plays, a offensive drive can feel like an eternity.

With that being said though, League also has kicks for touch and they become very important from the playmakers to force breaks for their front rowers and to slow the play down.

One thing I hated about Union was the back and forth kicks in the 22. Ugh.

After Union I went and played American Football, #### me that game is boring as batshit. Slow as hell and if I wasnt able to demolish people with shoulder pads I wouldnt have stuck with it.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
You make fair points , Gren , each game has it's good points , took some hits myself , as a centre ,playing club rugby back in South Africa , nothing crunches more than a big angry Afrikaaner, doing a spear tackle , but again the endless kicks used to frustrate me ,and American Football , is slightly less interesting than the video game thats based on it.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
It took NSW 70 mins until they started playing the way they did in game 1, but they got there in the end.
Also, I'm pretty disappointed with Thurston, what a sore loser! He is probably one of the most celebrated players in the game today, a role model for thousands of kids (not that I think football players should be role models, our kids should be looking up to fire fighters, doctors, police etc)
One in a row!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Also, I'm pretty disappointed with Thurston, what a sore loser! He is probably one of the most celebrated players in the game today, a role model for thousands of kids (not that I think football players should be role models, our kids should be looking up to fire fighters, doctors, police etc)
One in a row!

Are you referring to the slap?

TBH, its very out of charachter for Thurston to have done that. That was more of a Justin Hodges thing to do. But NSW, i havent seen a grubbier team since Toovey chucked on the blue jersey.

snowy01

lolwut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Daily / VF SV6 /
Are you referring to the slap?.

Think he was talking about the 'headbutt' incident.
Was a brutal encounter and some one had to lose.
Still think that Penalty from Kick off was a joke . Aaron Woods class acting.