Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid ads on this site

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Is there any way to get rid of the stupid and annoying Mazda ads on this site? Every time I scroll down the bottom of the page I accidentally hit it and it starts playing a video.
Its really giving me the shits and i also find it offensive to have Mazda ads on a Holden Commodore website.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
To be perfectly honest without ads the site would likely die.

These have been kept to a minimum and had been mentioned previously to which has been addressed as much as possible.

How do you accidentally hit it? Do you accidentally hit cars on the road? Don't randomly click and mouse the mouse away from the object.

How can it be offensive? Do you find it offensive when you see a Mazda on the road, at a shopping centre and the likes?

There's plenty out there on the net that is offensive but you seem to be concerned about a Mazda?

Do you find it offensive that members on this site drive other cars than a Holden Commodore as many do?

Last edited:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I just click on the "x" in the top corner and ad is gone . Not hard

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
It happens when im using the site on my phone, not a desktop with a mouse. The ads seem to be extremely sensitive and the slightest touch when scrolling down the page sets them off.
What I meant about being offensive is that I dont like being bombarded by Mazda ads when im on a Holden forum. If I wanted to look at Mazdas I would visit a Mazda forum.
I appreciate that these ads generate income for the site, but a little less 'in your face' would be nice.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I've used this site since the upgrade on my phone without ever clicking on the ads, I'd say its a setting on your phone

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
IT does it too on my mobile when scrolling but then I have a small phone so that might have something to do with it. Good thing I very rarely use my mobile for surfing the forums.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Sorry to say, but these ads are the reason I haven't been on here much lately.

I usually access the site on my phone and it's become unbearable (iphone). They take up 3/4 of the screen and if you swipe past one when scrolling it pops up. Then when you press 'x', it reloads the page so you're back up the top again - which becomes extremely annoying once it's happened a couple of times in a row.

AussieV8 has similar ads, but you can scroll past them without them taking over. Another issue is that it constantly logs me out even though I check the box to stay logged in - with the old forum it allowed me to stay logged in (but was very difficult to navigate).

The ads themselves aren't the problem, but the way they open when you don't want them to. On a PC it's fine - no issues.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I probably access the site on my phone and don't have any issues which is rather interesting as like yourself I use an iPhone.

Any particular browser? Safari, chrome?

In terms of logging you out that's an interesting, I thought it just me as I would normally use 2 or 3 different devices or more, I figured it was to do with the 2 factor authentication. What browser are you using on the desktop?

I have holidays after today so will try and nut out what a select few of you are mentioning.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Same here on my iPhone phone. If you touch the ad anywhere whilst scrolling she starts up.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Android, S7 Edge using Chrome. Same issue, the ads flicker up the page and I quite often catch them with a finger when scrolling. If cars did that on the road I probably would hit them. Not the end of the world but annoying nonetheless.