Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subwoofer to suit current amp

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
if you want something really kick ass, you want a alpine monoblock 500w rms amp with a 12 inch alpine type r sub.

my brother has 2 12 inch sonys and my one alpine is much louder.

Thats blowing my budget way out champ, and ive already got the amp.

This should do the trick though i reckon. My ears literally ejaculated while listening to the JVC splits, but ive only ever had coax in my car

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
haha you should listen to my DD splits. they sound like 8" woofers in each door. But i would amp the front splits to get more mid bass out of them.

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
yeah, that may be done down the track, depending on when i get bored with this setup LOL

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
well i would ditch those rear speakers as they will be crap when you get a sub, lots of canceling out with the both. so take the rear speakers of layby and put the money towards a better set of splits. as you are the one that will mainly be listing to the music as you control the headunit when you drive, not your mates

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
well i would ditch those rear speakers as they will be crap when you get a sub, lots of canceling out with the both. so take the rear speakers of layby and put the money towards a better set of splits. as you are the one that will mainly be listing to the music as you control the headunit when you drive, not your mates

hmm good point. Ive already got soundstream 2 ways in the car, but they loose too much clarity in the higher frequency levels

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
well when you get the headunit this will change as you can adjust the HPF and LPF filters. so you can fine tune the speakers to sound good when they get loud. But i would spend around $300 on some splits. Pioneer make good splits same with image dynamics and focal. just spend the most you can on the front splits as they will make or break your system.

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
wouldnt have a clue how to tune that mate lol, even my base model kenwood confuses me

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
well just ditch the 3 way co-ax and JVC splits, and get a better qaulity set of decent splits. Don't worry about tuning it, just PM me when you get the headunit and il help ya out.

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
cheers mate, ill pop in when i can and have another look around at their higher end stuff

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
yeah not trying to tell you what to buy, but i am helping you by chosing the right gear first and not making the same decision so many of us have made with buying cheap audio gear.