Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

super 6 in vn

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Hey has anyone here put a ecoteck super6 in a vn if so was there any trouble hooking it up i have heard there is a problem with the bcm is this true? how did you get around it thanks :hit:

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i've never done it obviously but i can tell you the VN does not have a Body Control Module and i'm not sure what that's got to do with the engine anyway?

do you mean the PCM? if so, the VN runs a hydraulically modulated tranny whereas the VS has an electrohydraulic tranny so i'm totally guessing here but if you're putting in a VS PCM (which i assume you would need to) it's going to get confused with the transmission controls.

also the TB probably won't have a kickdown cable on it.

good luck :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Some people convert the VS from MAF to MAP by using a VR computer, This works better when modifying the car than the VS computer, good for running a turbo/supercharger or even better with just extractors so they say. So the VN-VR computer must be able to run a VS engine fairly well with a bit of stuffing around. You will still have to find someone that's done it to find out what parts have to be changed but it's possible : )

Have a little read of this
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/archive/index.php/t-28851.html