Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged LS1 Manx SS ute

MANX SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Model:
2003 VY SS Ute

Engine:
- 5.7 LS1
- Harrop HH122 Supercharger 9psi
- Yellaterra 1.7 roller rockers
- 2 bar Mafless tune
- Comp cams XR cam
- Wortec headers
- Custom 3" twin system with Wortec backbox with noise flap
- VCM Airbox
- Ram clutch
- Harrop coil relocation kit
- Chevrolet rocker covers

G/Box:
- T56 6 speed
- B&M Quick shift

Diff:
- 3:9 Fitted with Kaaz LSD
- Harrop Sports diff cover

Brakes:
- HSV/AP 6pots 362mmx32mm discs
-HSV/AP 4pots 343x26

Suspension:
- Pedders XA Coilovers
-Pedders comfort kit

Wheels:
- HSV (VXR) Monaro wheels

- VXR Monaro bonnet
- Carbon fibre slam panel
- Carbon fibre grill (now back to standard type)
- Interceptor Scan gauges

I thought it was about time to post up some pics of my ute which is under going a bit of a revamp at the moment. First picture is waiting for the boat at Liverpool and the second one is on the boat bringing the ute over to the Isle of Man after picking it up from Birmingham in June 2015.

On home soil, thought I would take a pic while I was out and about once I got home and a pic of the dirty engine bay which is a lot more pleasing to the eye now.

Now Manx registered and Manx reg plates.

Thanks to Risky I now have a few spares in stock to fit as he sent me some nice new Genuine Holden parts. Like my new grill!

Last edited:
R

Risky

Looking good there mate. That Monaro bonnet suits it. You need to look at getting updated rear lights like mine.

I guess that pic of your exhausts is an old one considering you're making new ones?

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Very nice. I reckon you should take the spoiler off though. Should get the updated tail lights and a twin hump hard lid, i reckon it'd look great with one.

MANX SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Looking good there mate. That Monaro bonnet suits it. You need to look at getting updated rear lights like mine.

I guess that pic of your exhausts is an old one considering you're making new ones?

I'm not fussed on the later type lights, they remind me too much of the Lexus IS200, it's the chromeyness (A new word for the dictionary). Every boy racer has that style in the U.K , looks good on a Lexus but not on a Honda or Fiesta . Smoked ones look far better. The new exhaust has twin 2.5 inch either side.

MANX SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Very nice. I reckon you should take the spoiler off though. Should get the updated tail lights and a twin hump hard lid, i reckon it'd look great with one.

Not sure about getting rid of the spoiler since it's already on, as for tail lights I'll be leaving them on as I said above. Twin bump hard lid would be nice as I really like them but to import one it would be about $2000 (without purchasing price) as I was talking to someone who's insurance company had to send him one after an accident.

R

Risky

The price of shipping a twin hump lid would be a nightmare where the money could be used on other things. Wait until you do your hillclimb runs and all those mods will be worth it.

MANX SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I was approached by a guy when I was getting out of the ute a few months back and he said my mate has got one of these on the island , but its a 4 door. So I said a Commodore and he said no like that but with 4 doors, theirs me thinking well I haven't seen one around on this small island of ours. A bit of research and V6 Crewman found up north.

And I guy I know from Guernsey in the Channel islands just off France was over picking his bike up from a crash he had had TT last year.

Last edited:
R

Risky

Still looks good mate.

Good to see Holden utes floating about in the UK. I'm still thinking about exporting them.

MANX SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I had thought of importing a ute before buying this one but I couldn't deal with the hassle if anything went wrong import wise Ritchie.

I have just fitted a new set of front discs and pads from Reyland Motorsport, I was going to re-anodize the brake bells but they aren't made of the nicest aluminium and could be slightly high in manganese which will not absorb the dye as well so they have been painted instead.
I've been making a new exhaust as the old one was on the low side and one of the box hangers had torn from the box as the previous owner had mounted them on one side of the box. The boxes so I'm told are for a Camaro which were fitted to the ute.
I have raised the exhaust near the manifolds and remade the rear sections and raised the rear boxes so they aren't hanging down as much as they were when the oval pipes were fitted.

R

Risky

Those front discs mean the business. I wouldn't worry too much about the brake bells as the whole system looks cool.

You've put in a lot of work on those exhausts & welding them together. The current Camaro is based of the Holden VE/VF platform. I managed to have a play on a 2 week old build of the VFII SSV with the bi-modal exhaust. You have to have it in sport mode to open it up. What I don't like about the VFII is the lack of a proper handbrake. It just has a button so no more handbrake turns.

By the time you've got it all set up & tuned, you'll be hooning around the island. I reckon the soundtrack on the exhaust will be heard on the other side of the island lol. But seriously, it's great to see your work. :)