Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged v6 running rough randomly

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hi all, just after some help on the following

Today i Had the car tuned it wemt well, better than expected, nice smooth graphs etc. Drove the car out then up the road about 100m before i Turned it off on the side of the road and was on my phone for 20 or so minutes, upon starting it backup it developed a misfire which was not present beforehand .

What I've done and noticed;

Dfi and coil packs swapped from my daily vs - this made no difference at all on either cars performance.

Took plugs out and sussed em out n appear to be alright. One side was a bit lean while one on the other slightly wet. They are std ngk plugs at 0.7 gap put in this morning. The leads are a couple of months old and are buigi cord leads. I'm running bosch 1000cc injectors and a 450Lph e85 pump. The fuel filter was replaced just months ago with all but 1 line at the tank replaced as well.

Done a compression test as i always fear the worst and all cylinders are almost dead equal with each other.

At idle the wideband shows the car is fueling correctly but as soon as u rev it, even gradually the trims start hitting 16 and 17 and about 18 to 19 on decel at low rpm. This didn't happen on the dyno and its not set like that in the tune. the engine is a few thousand ks and has a fairly new cas on it .

Cheers

lemonjuice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina S2
Rest in peace I think not ;)