Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
The question has probably been asked countless times but iv'e not really got a positive answer.
I'm going to blow my vy ute over the next few months and i'm wondering is a Magnuson tvs2300 too big for a stock engine.
Would the 1900 be more suited.
Any advise would be great.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Yes, for a stock LS1. Will you be doing any other mods in the future? Cam, heads, E85, more boost, built motor etc.? If you're planning mods down the track it might be best to get the bigger blower now rather than having to buy another one later, but if your leaving the motor stock (apart from a blower frendly cam) the smaller one will be fine

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Yes, for a stock LS1. Will you be doing any other mods in the future? Cam, heads, E85, more boost, built motor etc.? If you're planning mods down the track it might be best to get the bigger blower now rather than having to buy another one later, but if your leaving the motor stock (apart from a blower frendly cam) the smaller one will be fine

Hey Heron
The only mods at the moment are a cam, double valve springs, pushrods, otr, and a mafless tune. It has the stock tubular hsv headers with the cats removed and a ls7 lightened flywheel an clutch .
I wouldn't be sure about any mods in the future so i presume the 1900 would be the safer option. Would the bottom end need up grading for the bigger charger

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if u keep boost to 10 or below then your pretty safe with either blower for a stock bottom end, all depends on how u drive it if u ring the crap out of it all the time then it wont last but if your sensible then it will... if u have a n/a biased cam then u will let a little boost thru up top which can help on a stock bottom end...

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Its one of oztracks stealth cams but im not sure wat lift it has or the#duration ill have to check the box it came in. Is the boost regulated by the size of the pulley.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
boost its dependant on pulley size, but cam specs does effect the boost curve also...

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Think ill play this one safe and go for the 1900. The last thing i want to do is kill the motor

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Finally my charger arrived. Can any of you guys recommend a fuel pump or what route I should take wen it comes to the fuel system

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
vy has some good surge tank options out there for more flow twin pump or single depending on flow/pressure needed, were u going to do a return system..?

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
I think I should go the return line route the last thing I want to to do is lean out the motor. I'd still like to keep it stock looking. Would it be possible to get a big enough In tank pump.