Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension lowering question

RazzleDazzle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VX Commodore
When the standard suspension is lowered is it the springs or the shocks that are lower or both.
Just wondering because I had mine done a year ago and someone wanted to know how and how low and I have no idea.
The springs used are the Pedders KHFL47 and the 2643 Sports Ryder along with 3985R & L TBG Sealed Struts.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Just the springs. Shocks can be bought in lower form but do not actually physically lower the car. It is the spring/coil that lowers or raises the car. Depending on how far you lower/raise a shock upgrade is something that SHOULD be looked into.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
raising or lower any vehicle the shocker stroke and physical length should always be considered if not you may damage the shocker from bottoming out the valve inside or over extending the stroke and valve hits the top of the shocker , also consider bump stop distance unless you want to ride like Fred Flintstone , the vehicle should retain a minimum ride height of 100mm when loaded from the lowest point of the vehicle .