Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Exhaust

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey, i have been through heaps of exhaust sounds on youtube and on these forums, and i have come to a fork in the road.

what are the pros and cons on these 2 systems, twin 2.5 and twin 2.25?

if anyone has had both systems or heard both systems next to each other would like to hear your thoughts.

prettty much the sound im after is a nice deep smooth note. i dont care about drone because you cant eliminate drone, its just the resonant frequency of the diameter and the length of the pipe. but yea just deep and smooth

help appreciated

Richard

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
factory- i had twin 2inch into single 2.25' at diff

then got a twin 2.5' xforce on my vt and it was absolute crap. front and rear mufflers... the slower you went the worse it sounded. lost alot of bottom end power and picked up a little high in the revs.. took it off after 1 oe 2 weeks..

then swapped to a twin 2.25 with no rear muffler/2 straight thru pipes, and still has a decent note but can drive around slowly quietly without sounding/looking like a tool. and has its picked up a bit of bottom and top end power. but dont seem as free up high as the twin 2.5'.... but could be cause it dont loose power down low so dont feel it kick in as much up in higher rpms.

imo- twin 2.5' is too big for v6 and sound crap, even when supercharged people are going twin 2.25'

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Best system for no drone, nice deep note, not too loud and a noticeable increase in performance is a twin 2 1/4"into single 3". I do these for $495 shipped.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Best system for no drone, nice deep note, not too loud and a noticeable increase in performance is a twin 2 1/4"into single 3". I do these for $495 shipped.

do you have a sound clip of one of these exhausts? would be interested on what it sounds like

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No I don't actually.