Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swap S1 Omega strereo & HVAC controls (not head unit) with S1 SV6?

TehCrucible

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1 MY09
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, couldn't find it with a quick search. Simple question: I was wondering if I can swap the stereo control panel from my omega with the one from an SV6? (To be specific, just the controls, not the whole head unit. I've just seen one come up cheap, and I really like the black fascia over the silver. From what I can tell, they're exactly the same and I can just pull mine off from the base at the ash tray right? I also wouldn't mind having a crack at swapping the LEDs and would prefer to do it on a spare than my own first lol. Sorry if it's a dumb question, just want to make sure there's nothing that would need to be programmed differently etc?

Thanks in advance.
Jamie

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
It will swap right over you just have to get someone with a tech 2 with security access to preform a Irc to fascia link and your good to go or u could pull both apart and swap your fascia internals over to the new one

TehCrucible

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega S1 MY09
Cheers bud. Not a bad idea to swap internals actually. Save the trouble.